FORUMS: list search recent posts

DeckLink Studio audio sync issue increases during computer uptime

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Sebes
DeckLink Studio audio sync issue increases during computer uptime
on Sep 27, 2010 at 2:54:39 pm

We leave our Mac Pro 8-cores running 10.5.8 and FCS3 on during the week and only shut them down over the weekend. If the computers are not restarted throughout the week, after a couple of days, the audio sync will be off by as much as 1/2 a second when playing back not only in a Final Cut timeline but from anything that is using the Decklink for audio output, like Firefox or DVD Player. Restarting the computer fixes this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I've just downloaded and installed the DeckLink 7.9 drivers, hoping that will help.

Thanks much.
Chris

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: DeckLink Studio audio sync issue increases during computer uptime
on Sep 30, 2010 at 11:09:38 pm

Hi Chris,

When this happens, have you tried selecting a non Blackmagic audio output device, such as system sound, then going back to Blackmagic audio? I'm wondering if that will bring the audio back in sync?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Chris Sebes
on Oct 1, 2010 at 2:17:40 pm

Thanks, Kristian.

I'm getting about a 1/4 second sync issue and tried switching to Line Out, then back to BlackMagic. Still happening. This issue is happening with both of our Mac Pro towers. Fine when they first boot, but then drift further and further throughout the week. Only seems to fix upon a restart.

Chris

Return to posts index

Fabio Pereira
on Sep 6, 2011 at 5:18:15 pm

Hello Chris,

Did you solved your problem?

I´m having the same issue, with Decklink Studio 2 on PCs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]