FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Extreme 3D Dual Stream Questions

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gorrie
HD Extreme 3D Dual Stream Questions
on Sep 25, 2010 at 12:21:02 pm

So, I'm starting to get pretty confused with the HD Extreme 3d's workflow for dual stream HDSDI for 3d.

As far as I can tell - you can ONLY capture and output dual stream through the media express application?

There is no way to view dual-stream/stereo outputs through the card?

I have also spoken with Cineform/Neo3D people and they stated that currently BMD does not support their software for full res/dual stream output - is this something that is planning on being done in the near future? Right now Neo3D works in tandem with AJA products to view/output dual stream stereo images.

Thanks for anyone that can offer advice.

Return to posts index

James Nicholls
Re: HD Extreme 3D Dual Stream Questions
on Oct 12, 2010 at 5:14:43 am

Hi Dave,

We have just purchased a BMD Extreme 3D as well as Cineform sofware for 3D Editing on a Mac. We may also be purchasing the Panasonic 3D camera as well. I note Cineform have just updated their software to allow easier ingest of files from this camera into the Neo 3D suite.

Like you I would very much like to see BMD handle raw cineform files. Although I havn't used the software yet I suspect that we will have to go through an extra intermediate stage of converting video captured by the BMD gear into the Cineform codec working on it and reconverting back into something BMD uses to output via the card.

This is not the efficient workflow anyone would want including I suspect BMD.

Lets hope BMD see some value in making the Neo 3D software compatible with their gear, or vice versa because I believe this could drive sales for both products.

In the meantime for the Mac, Cineform say "If your sources are always 1920X1080 and you do not need to use a dual link monitor or projector, you can choose to use the cinema desktop mode (second DVI output) from within FCP to drive your 3D TV".

Anyone from BMD want to chime in here with any news about support for Cineform codecs for us great unwashed?

Jim

Return to posts index

Charles Oliver
on Oct 15, 2011 at 5:30:47 am

Hi Jim,

Have you had any luck with this since your post? I have just purchased a blackmagic UltraStudio 3D and am trying to use it with cineform neo 3d to edit in 3D on my macbook pro. The box works great with non-cineform footage, but as soon as I use cineform footage, the 3D TV I'm using to monitor only shows a still frame -- no moving video.... Hoping someone has found a setting change or a blackmagic update...

Return to posts index

James Nicholls
on Oct 26, 2011 at 3:43:25 am

As far as I am aware unfortunately no progress has been made has been made.

Jim

Return to posts index

Charles Oliver
on Oct 15, 2011 at 5:32:08 am

Hi Jim,

Have you had any luck with this since your post? I have just purchased a blackmagic UltraStudio 3D and am trying to use it with cineform neo 3d to edit in 3D on my macbook pro. The box works great with non-cineform footage, but as soon as I use cineform footage, the 3D TV I'm using to monitor only shows a still frame -- no moving video....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]