FORUMS: list search recent posts

Could a BM Hardware Engineer PLEASE answer my questions so I can purchase your product?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Pulicano
Could a BM Hardware Engineer PLEASE answer my questions so I can purchase your product?
on Sep 24, 2010 at 11:47:06 am

Hi, I need to get some questions about the DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ before I am able to purchase.

1. According to the DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ press release the new card supports 1.3 3D framepacking (from PlayStation 3 for example is supported with the above stated 1.3 limitations) along with full resolution 1.4 3D framepacking. Is that correct?

2. Does the 1.3/1.4 HDMI interface now support uncompressed RGB 4:4:4 8-bit and RGB 4:4:4 10-bit capture in all resolutions up to 1080p60 in both standard and 3D capture modes?

3. Has 480p HDMI/Component capture support now been implemented?

I look forward to a quick reply so I can locate a retailer to purchase from.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Could a BM Hardware Engineer PLEASE answer my questions so I can purchase your product?
on Sep 28, 2010 at 7:28:01 am

Hi Aaron,

1. It's HDMI 1.4a frame packing. Yes, that's correct. However, if you don't have a developer version of the PS3, the HDMI output will be HDCP encrypted so you won't be able to capture.

2. No.

3. Not yet. It currently recognises the signal but captures to 480i.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Aaron Pulicano
Re: Could a BM Hardware Engineer PLEASE answer my questions so I can purchase your product?
on Sep 28, 2010 at 10:42:53 am

Hello,

#1. Yup! =D

#2. Not sure if you remember, but you and I talked about HDMI RGB capture support with the previous version of the DeckLink HD Extreme 3D. When I heard about the new DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ version of the card I was hoping it would have shipped with HDMI 8-Bit/10-Bit RGB 4:4:4 capture support or at least now have the ability to do it since HDMI hardware was updated. Will the DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ support RGB4:4:4 (8/10-bit) capture in the near future with driver/firmware updates?

#3. Is there any ETA for correct understanding and capture of 480p?

I REALLY want to purchase the DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+, but need the card to allow for RGB4:4:4 (8/10-bit) capture over HDMI along with 480p support before it meets all of my requirements.

Thanks,
Aaron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]