FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity shuttle / Decklink data flow

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Santanu Bhattacharjee
Intensity shuttle / Decklink data flow
on Sep 19, 2010 at 5:43:55 pm

I am contemplating between buying intensity shuttle or the Decklink Series

Basically I may use it to edit several layers of mixed footage - HDV / DV / Mpeg2 /Pal /Ntsc / Youtube stuff / nested clips with video effects / titles etc.

Some users have reported playing several layers smoothly without the need to render.

My question is, does any of then above card help in streaming multiple compressed data from normal hard disks? Or they are only capture and monitoring cards?

Decklink cards say, 3 Gb / s of data transfer. While Intensity shuttle uses USB 3.0. Does several streams of data travel first to the card and then to the editing software? How does the data flow?

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Intensity shuttle / Decklink data flow
on Sep 22, 2010 at 1:44:44 am

The Shuttle is a capture and playback device, with some upconverters and downconverters. It is not, nor is the Media Express software that comes with it an Editor with the Shuttle. Sony Vegas would do what your asking. Media Express will playback different formats back to back if that's what your asking. Hope this helps, Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Santanu Bhattacharjee
Re: Intensity shuttle / Decklink data flow
on Sep 22, 2010 at 2:19:24 pm

Oh! Forgot to mention, I might think of FCP or Premiere as the NLE.

So you men to say whether Decklink or Shuttle, both use the same technology to move the mixed output channel data from NLE to the video card.

Don't they help in decompressing multiple streams (MPEG2 or MJPEG) of data coming from the hard disk?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]