FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Design Mini Converter - UpDownCross

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Pucci
Blackmagic Design Mini Converter - UpDownCross
on Sep 18, 2010 at 2:03:25 pm

I am trying to find out more information on this device, but the Blackmagic Design website does not have a user manual download and I can't find it anywhere, just some generic information about what the device does. Why isn't Blackmagic Design making the User Manual available?

John

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Blackmagic Design Mini Converter - UpDownCross
on Sep 19, 2010 at 1:19:28 pm

it will upconvert SD-SDI to HD-SDI, it will downconvert HD-SDI to SD-SDI and it will
cross convert 1080i to 720p and 720p to 1080i. Blackmagic uses little DIP switches to change the operation of their products. It will be self explanatory once you have the unit in your hands - all you are doing is changing the DIP switches to have the different functions. This applies to the other Blackmagic converters as well, like the analog to SDI (which embeds audio) or SDI to analog, or SDI to audio.

For example, when you want to go from SDI to analog component video or SDI to analog composite video o this converter, you move DIP switch # 5. This is printed right on the converter. It's very easy.
The up down cross converter will be the same.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Sebastian Toro
on Sep 20, 2010 at 2:26:00 pm

Did you know if it down convert from HDSDI into composite or only into component sd?

regards

sebastian toro -
sinsistema.tv -
bs.as. argentina

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Sep 21, 2010 at 12:30:20 am

Hi,

The UpDownCross is all SDI outputs. If you down convert, you get SD-SDI output. If you need HD-SDI to analog composite or component output, use the Mini Converter SDI to Analog. Then you can set whether to output the down converted video as composite or component.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Mark Tyers
on Aug 2, 2014 at 10:00:51 am

I have a visualiser that outputs 1080p30 but my ATEM 1 M/E is running at 1080P25. Will the UpDownCross unit convert this for me?

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
on Aug 4, 2014 at 7:57:05 pm

No. The UpDownCross mini converter only cross converts within each standard (NTSC or PAL). So you can go from 720p60 to 1080i60 (or vice versa) or from 720p50 to 1080i50 (or vice versa) but not from 1080i60 to 1080i50. It WILL however let you Down convert from ANY HD format to either SD PAL or NTSC, which you could then use another miniconverter to up convert to your desired format, but that would obviously result in a loss of quality.

Return to posts index

Michael Breault
on Mar 1, 2012 at 12:05:47 am

I need to take the output of my ATEM 1 running at 1080i 5994 and feed it to a computer looking for 720p50. Will this product work?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]