FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDlink Pro 3D - HDMI 1.4 compatible?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gorrie
HDlink Pro 3D - HDMI 1.4 compatible?
on Sep 14, 2010 at 12:35:56 am

I sent a note to support, so sorry if the black magic folks are reading this again...but we're really trying to nail down our wiring and this is the only thing hanging me up.

The HDlink Pro page states it supports HDMI 1.4 for full rez 3D viewing (frame packed) - but, there are no DisplayPort -> HDMI 1.4 cables made currently. There are however DisplayPort -> HDMI adapters, but no way to tell if the adapters are 1.4 capable? Or, is the adapter just a passive vehicle re-arranging the pin-outs of the DisplayPort into a HDMI port, and it doesn't have a "spec" per-se?

Phone support had no clue what I was asking really, and I understand that - it's a pretty technical question...but I'm wondering how the advertising literature can state things like that an no one really has an answer how to get DisplayPort to HDMI 1.4!

Just thought I would check and see - also, if it's maybe the root of so many folks having trouble connecting to consumer 3d monitors? If folks are trying to send signals over HDMI 1.3 that some (if not all) consumer TV's can't handle yet?

I dunno, I'm pretty confused now and have 2 of these devices awaiting my cables/adapters to see how well they work

Return to posts index

Mike Connell
Re: HDlink Pro 3D - HDMI 1.4 compatible?
on Sep 14, 2010 at 1:56:44 pm

I agree with you. I have the 3D display port connected to a HDMI 1.4 monitor. I am yet to see any video through the device. They are claiming this works over at IBC.

Return to posts index

Sada Ito
on Oct 7, 2010 at 12:43:48 am

Blackmagic Japan support team said "frame packing 3D will be support with future firmware."
And, If you get some problem with 3D view in SideBySide or TopAndBottom, the cable changes seem worth a try.
The combination of Panasonic VIERA 3D display and DisplayPort-HDMI converter cable ASKDP2HDMI was checked by BMJ support team.

Return to posts index

Tod Hopkins
on Oct 25, 2010 at 5:53:03 pm

From Wikipedia and backed up elsewhere, but not by my own experience yet.

"High Speed HDMI 1.3 cables can support all HDMI 1.4 features except for the HDMI Ethernet Channel.[51][110][111]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_comparison

The follow-up logic would suggest than any decent 1.3c adapter should work for 3D if used in combination with "high speed" or 1.4 rated cables as long as you don't push length limits. That is, it's a bandwidth issue, not connectivity.

Have you had any luck? I'd love to hear about it as I am in the market for this box as well.

Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.
Washington, DC

Return to posts index

Sean Kapleton
on Nov 17, 2010 at 5:09:39 am

hello just reading this thread after doing a search for hdlink and I have some confusion.

Today I got this combination of items for my new 12-core and want to know best setup practices in relation to this thread. What i should be aware of with these items and answer some questions i have hopefully.

Here is my setup:
2.66 12-Core/120GB SSD/32 GB RAM/8TB Internal RAID 0)
ATI 5770 (Hoping to do resolve soon w/ hopefully the Nvidea 285+120 replacements to save money compared to the new 4000)
Decklink 3D
HDLINK 3D DisplayPort
HP Dreamcolor
Panasonic VT-25 3D 50" Plasma

1) I am going DisplayPort out of the HDLINK into the dreamcolor in REC. 709 color space and a slight adjustment on the Dreamcolor's black level - HOWEVER I am not seeing a very good pluge when i put up 1080i bars out of FCP. Is there anyone out there who knows what HDLINK Settings I should have??

2) In terma og going out to the Plasma as well as a client monitor what is the best way to do this in order to match the Dreamcolor with best quality in order to calibrate and match?

Any help or advice from people would be a big help!

cheers
sean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]