FORUMS: list search recent posts

PS3 input output problem

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Flaton
PS3 input output problem
on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:19:47 pm

Hi guys, everything is set up the Intensity Shuttle is working but I dont have any display on my PC.

What did I do?

I simple used a HDMI cable as firs, pushed it in the output of the shuttle then right into my TV. then another HDMI cable into the INPUT right into my ps3.

Now when I go to the Blackmagic control panel I see this in my OUTPUT: All outputs active, I cant chooce anything atall.

As INPUT I used HDMI Video & HDMI Audio.

Nothing is happening, my tv is switching from light to dark every few seconds.

Please need help
Tony

Return to posts index

Dale Mullins
Re: PS3 input output problem
on Sep 10, 2010 at 11:24:52 pm

Tony,

The PS3 uses HDCP (copy protection) over HDMI, so I don't think you are going to have any luck capturing via HDMI. If you want to capture HD PS3 output, you will have to use component.

Dale

Return to posts index

Tony Flaton
on Sep 11, 2010 at 8:50:36 am

Yes thank you, so the out and input needs to be component?

Return to posts index

Dale Mullins
on Sep 12, 2010 at 2:20:14 pm

Tony,

I'm not familiar with the Shuttle, but I would assume so. Definitely component from the PS3 to the Shuttle.

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
on Sep 17, 2010 at 1:11:57 am

Hi Tony,

Dale is correct about HDCP on the PS3. You should be able to capture via component analog which is the highest quality analog and supports HD as well as SD video. Component analog uses three cables which typically have red, green and blue connectors. You can then monitor via the HDMI output of your Intensity Shuttle for maximum quality. There is no need to use component analog output as HDMI is digital and the best option to use whenever possible.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

jamie courtes
on Jan 9, 2011 at 4:55:44 pm

Luke,

I've managed to get capture / monitoring / passthrough all working with ps3 > component > shuttle. (720p)

capture is working great, with no frames dropped

the last issue i am trying to tackle however is quality.
I am having banding, as well as contrast issues. I already recorded a vid which i will post to demonstrate the issues i am having

Any suggestions? I am using the official sony ps3>component cable lugged directly into the shuttle...

Return to posts index

Tony Flaton
on Sep 11, 2010 at 8:54:51 am

Alright thanks for your fast reply,
So what do you suggest? 2 Component cables?

Tony

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]