FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD link pro not working with EIZO FX2431

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ivan zbiral
HD link pro not working with EIZO FX2431
on Sep 6, 2010 at 4:58:27 pm

I have recently purchased Hd link Pro and Eizo Foris FX 2431 (http://www.eizo.cz/monitory/video-lcd/24/FX2431-1.html). It is the cheapest, but still high quality monitor. I am trying to preview HD 1920x1080 25p format. I have tried both BM 10 bit uncompressed as well as Pro Ress422, through Media Express as well as After FX CS4, however I cannot get the picture to display properly on this screen. I get a severe flicker no matter what Blackmagic HD format I choose in preferences of After FX or Media Express.
I have tried to downgrade the HDlink utility to version 3.3.2 and use EDID Manual override, however this option is "grayed out" and I cannot chose it. I did this after reading some post in DVinfo, that enabling 3:1 pulldown had solved the issue with other type of EIZO monitor. In version 3.4 of HD link utility EDID override is working but doesnt have the option of selecting the pulldown. Only way of displaying HD format now is through final cut. Another issue I am having with HD link Pro is DVD-D not working with this EIZO. I am getting signal error warning on the monitor. When I use DVDi-D to HDMI adapter I get the video on the screen fine. This would suggest that DVD-D isnt working on the EIZO, but connecting PC to the DVI_D input of EIZO works fine. I have also tried bringing the HD link PRo to the reseller and we tested DVD-D to HP monitor and it worked fine. I am kind of running out solution here. I can overcome DVI-D issue by using HDMI, however the flicker issue I am having with Media express and After FX is quite critical as I need to use this software.
Any help / suggestion is highly apreciated

regards ivan zbiral

ivan zbiral
cyberucho@volny.cz

Return to posts index

Shane Betts
Re: HD link pro not working with EIZO FX2431
on Sep 6, 2010 at 10:33:07 pm

I'm having a similar issue with an Eizo monitor. One input (DVI) works, the other (DVI-D) doesn't. The guys at BMD are looking at it at the moment because the people at Eizo deny any fault of theirs.

Personally I don't buy it. The HDLink Pro works with one input but not the other, yet Eizo claim the HDLink is sending an interlaced signal (wrong) and the screen is progressive. Well, how come it works with the other input? This monitor has also fritzed out an AV amp when connected to the DVI-D input. My belief is that the DVI-D input is failing to properly communicate to the host device what kind of signal it wants.

Either way, I'll let you know when BMD get back to me.

Cheers
Bettsy

Return to posts index

ivan zbiral
on Sep 7, 2010 at 8:51:24 am

Hi !

Yeah I got into a discussion with black magic reseller here, that claims Hd link Pro is working perfectly fine. On the other end, I have EIZO guys, who appear to be much more knowledgeable. They claim HD link Pro is not giving the signal right. I am about to take my editing station to them and test with other EIZO monitors. I just want this thing to work ...this is so much time consuming-annoying. On my EIZO I dont have other DVI-D so I am stuck with using HDMI, ...but again this is no concern for me, but the flicker I get as described in previous post is nuisance. I ll let you know when we do the testing in EIZO

thanks ivan

ivan zbiral
cyberucho@volny.cz

Return to posts index

michele stocco
on Dec 9, 2010 at 10:50:23 am

Hi Ivan, do you have news? just that i'm gonna buy the same monitor and i have a Decklink Studio with a Blackmagic HDMI adapter and i'd like to know if i'm doing the right choice.
Thanks a lot
Michele

Michele Stocco
Editor/Post-production technician

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]