FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Magic HD Extreme 3D, Decklink HD Extreme & HP Dreamcolor = Cailbration?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kapleton
Black Magic HD Extreme 3D, Decklink HD Extreme & HP Dreamcolor = Cailbration?
on Aug 26, 2010 at 9:36:47 pm

Hello

We just got a HD Extreme 3D to test and compare to the AJA HDP2 and I am curious about set up and calibration with my HP Dreamcolor.

1)HDlink Utility settings is something I am confused about because on the AJA mini config there are indeed some settings you must set in order for the proper colorspace, bit depth, frame rate etc to work and on the Dreamcolor you obviously do need to set to rec.709 and adjust blacks till the grey pluge is just barely visible.

So my question is what if any settings do i need to be concerned about with the 3D when using it to output and color grade with the HP Dreamcolor?

Anything else I need to be aware of?

thanks
sean

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Black Magic HD Extreme 3D, Decklink HD Extreme & HP Dreamcolor = Cailbration?
on Aug 30, 2010 at 11:42:11 am

Hi Sean,

You can toggle the frame rate output of the video in HDLink Utility in the Preferences area. We can over-ride the EDID requested by the monitor and send native frame rate (48Hz for your 24p material, 50Hz for you 25p). If not, we send out a 60p video as that's usually what's requested by the monitor.

You can also send color bars and toggle the Blue only option in HDLink so that you can adjust your monitor.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Bernhard Grininger
Re: Black Magic HD Extreme 3D, Decklink HD Extreme & HP Dreamcolor = Cailbration?
on Sep 4, 2010 at 7:15:09 pm

Hi Kristian,

I've started a thread here at the FCP-forum on the same topic but with another issue:
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1101756

We did (visually) solve the problem by setting "Scale to view illegal YUV colors".
According to the result this option seems to set the output to SMPTE compliant RGB,
similar to the option in AJA's utility.

Please could you confirm if this is correct?

Can I rely on this output with this option set in conjunction with the Dreamcolor?
Or is the warning in the tap also valid on this configuration and the calibration not reliable?

Thanks and kind regards,
Bernhard

P.S.: I VERY appreciate the new option to override EDID! Now I can view the correct 50Hz here in Europe! Thanks for this update!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]