FORUMS: list search recent posts

intensity pro not working

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cash
intensity pro not working
on Aug 20, 2010 at 3:29:33 pm

I have an Intensity pro card installed into a biostar 790gx micro atx MB running an AMD athalon II X2 with 4 gig of mem under windows 7 ult 64bit (I have tried Linux suse and UTUBU). I’m trying to record video and audio from another computer via HDMI. The firm ware is updated and I get no error messages when installing the IP card. The recorded computer is set up and working and the video out is set to hdmi 1920X1080p 24 (the ip card is set to match). When I try to loop thru the ip card all express shows is a blank screen and the monitor on the recorded computer just shows “out of range” messages.

I have sent several support requests to Black Magic support with no response

Any ideas?

BTW not too impressed with BM’s support

Return to posts index

David Cash
Re: intensity pro not working
on Aug 20, 2010 at 8:22:38 pm

ok just got a reply (1 reply for last 3 requests) from support it did not address my question but atleast it is something

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 22, 2010 at 2:21:30 am

Are the Intensity drivers installed? Do you have a motherboard with an x58 chipset? Can you capture anything with the card? Your hdmi capture settings have to match your hdmi source in order for it to work. More information would help with answers. Danny Hays

Return to posts index

David Cash
on Aug 22, 2010 at 5:59:06 pm

biostar 790gx micro atx MB running an AMD athalon II X2

so not intel it is ati 790gx and sb750 southbridge but this is the intensity pro not the shuttle so no usb3.0 needed

the card does not capture anything

the latest drivers are installed

and the video out is set to 1920X1080p 24 nd the ip is set to 1920X1080p 24

thanks for the help

Return to posts index

David Cash
on Aug 23, 2010 at 2:33:28 pm

update It looks like the IP card does not support 1920X1080p even when express give the option I can only get it to work in 1080I.
anyone know anything about this issue?
1080I kinda sucks on my monitor and playback flashes a lot.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 23, 2010 at 5:16:59 pm

David Cash, Did the media Express software to install? I think even with the pcie card, you still need an x58 or 955 chipset motherboard for it to work.
Also I have not ben able to capture 1080p from component or hdmi, at any framerate yet. I haven't seen an Intensity Pro pcie or Shuttle post on any forum where someone has. I know the source has to be that if you want to capture it. I put a 1080 30P video on a server at work and cannot capture it via HDMI from Media Express as 1080P.
Has anyone gotten either Intensity Pro card or Shuttle to capture 1080p, at any framerate yet?

Return to posts index

David Cash
on Aug 23, 2010 at 10:19:01 pm

Media expres is installed and working and I have been able to capture 1080i 50hz but it will not work with 1080p for some reason. and the card will work with an ATI chipset board but the shuttle will not.

Thanks for the help BM has been mostly useless other than to remind me that their email may have been sent to my junk mail (this was the extent of the help and the responder did not even read my support request) and that was after waiting for a week or more.

Return to posts index

Kathy Thomas
on Aug 26, 2010 at 10:26:49 pm

Have you tried outputting from the source computer at 1920x1080 23Hz and ingesting as 1080p23.98?

Return to posts index

David Cash
on Aug 27, 2010 at 2:08:53 pm

yes and 24p and 25i and 60p (no chance but it is checked off)
basicly I have tried ever setting that the video and the card have in common. this is the only way that I found that the 50i would work and the funny thing is that the 50i is only working when i have the video output from the 1st computer set to 25i.

Danny thanks for the info

thanks to all for the help

Return to posts index

Kathy Thomas
on Aug 24, 2010 at 12:30:31 am

Is it possible this is an older version of the Intensity Pro and does not support 1080p?

Return to posts index

David Cash
on Aug 24, 2010 at 2:27:11 pm

I just bought the card but is there any way i could check that?
BM support is not up to the task of returning emails.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 24, 2010 at 3:12:48 pm

So far I haven't read any posts on any forum where the card or Shuttle has captured 1080p. I am capturing 1080i and converting it to 1080p in Sony Vegas, either blending or interpolating the fields. It looks very good. I haven't experienced the video flashing though.
Still wish it would capture 1080p as was advertised.

Return to posts index

David Cash
on Aug 24, 2010 at 8:04:09 pm

so sony vegas will convert it to 1080p hmmmmm
I'm running adobe PE8 but may have to switch to vegas.
the flashing has to do with text and lines of white on dark background that apear to jitter and crawl in actual moving images the issues is not as visable.

Return to posts index

Kathy Thomas
on Aug 24, 2010 at 8:47:05 pm

I went back and re-read your original post more carefully. I'm not near my own computer right now, so I can't test anything on my own card, but the first thing that popped into my head after the re-read is that you could also be bumping into an HDCP issue.

You could try connecting another device to see if you still have the problem.

Return to posts index

David Cash
on Aug 24, 2010 at 9:45:24 pm

well I changed it to 1080i 50hz (or 25hz) and do not have a problem it is just that I want to post these to youtube and that site wants P not I, I do not know that much about it but I would have thought that 1080i would share the HDCP issues? I guess I could try connecting it to my dvd player with a non-protected disk in it.
but the computer should not be putting out HDCP protection anyway.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kathy Thomas
on Aug 24, 2010 at 11:17:31 pm

Okay, sorry, led you down the wrong path, there. Does not sound like an HDCP problem.

Since I'm curious about this problem, I'm going to try a few things when I get back to my own machine. I'm going to upgrade to version 3.7.3 of the software and attempt to capture from a 1080p24 source. Whether that works or not, I'll also try to capture a 24PsF source, too, but I can't do that one today, because I'll have to borrow a deck.

I hope you either get in contact with Blackmagic or find a solution, but I'll post my result here anyway. Since you're having such a time, and since Danny Hays has never heard of progressive working with the Intensity, I'm not expecting either to work.

Return to posts index

David Cash
on Aug 25, 2010 at 2:30:02 pm

thanks guys I will keep on BM but don't have much hope there, I really apreciate all the help. I tried several other settings again last night but no joy. this thing acts like it only likes I formats.

Return to posts index

Kathy Thomas
on Aug 25, 2010 at 10:45:16 pm

FWIW, after updating my drivers and firmware yesterday, I was able to capture 1080p23.98 with ease. So, at least you can be assured that it's *possible*, even though it doesn't help you exactly with your predicament.

I think the problem is with some of the more specific technical settings for your video output on your source computer, and that places me out of my depth for sure.

Out of curiosity, if you disconnect the HDMI cable, set up the record computer in complete anticipation of 1080p24, with only the record button remaining to be pressed, and then connect the computers, what attributes does the source computer natively attribute to the Intensity Pro when it tries to auto-detect it?

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 24, 2010 at 9:50:49 pm

David, The white lines that appear to crawl, are probably interlace lines. Interlaced video is scanned every other field, upper or lower first depending on weather it's DV or HDV. It scans the odd from top to bottom and scans the even, so if your subject has moved during that small amount of time, you will see the interlacing, kind of like a comb at the edge of fast moving objects. I gather you mean Pinnicale Expres 8 is what you use. Look at their help file and see it it will deinterlace, it's a pretty common thing but yes Sony Vegas pro does it well. My main reason for wanting progressive is I do alot of chromakeying. Inerlaced doesn't key well. Blending the fields basicly creates a filed from the before and after frames, so if your hand is passing by fast, and you look at it frame by frame, you will see the created frames where your hand is simi transparent. This makes for smoother looking fast video but doesnt key that well either. Interpolate makes it 30p but each frame is like a picture and will key the best of all the obove. So if your not keying, I would choose blend fields, and your white interlacing lines will be gone.
Hope this helps, Danny Hays

Return to posts index

David Cash
on Aug 25, 2010 at 6:36:28 pm

this is the kind of help that BM provides, I do not think that the guy even reads the support tickets and when I respond to this or the others it goes into a black hole. I send in a new support ticket and they do not even read the others to find the specifics.

if the issues had been resolved why would i be sending in a new support request?

I stated in the support request that the card was not reading the P resolutions.

class act!

Hello Mr Cash, I recall your previous inquires. I do not recall the specifics... I believeyou had issues with linux and trying to capture from another computer. Ifyou are able to see 1080i, It appears that you have resolved the 2 previousissues. Please advise if you still need assistance in this area. For supported resolution and frame rates please see our tech spec page. http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/techspecs/ 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 720p50 and 720p59.94.625i/50 PAL and 525i/59.94 NTSC. Resolutions outside of this list are not supported. Marcelino MedinaSupport EngineerBlackmagic Design Inc. USA On 8/25/10 7:46 AM, "dabear3428@hotmail.com" wrote: > Name: David Cash> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> Product: Intensity Pro> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> Driver Version: latest download> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> OS: Windows> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> OS Version: windows 7 64bit> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> Message:> I have sent in several support requests and have not gotten a satisfactory> responce.> > My new intensity pro card will only regester video in 1080I format and not> 1080p. do i need to rma this card? or is there a fix?> >

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 26, 2010 at 5:39:23 am

OK, I finally got the Shuttle to capture 720 60p, or 59.97, can't remember, I tried so many other 1080p framerates without success, through the HDMI today at work. I don't have alot of HDMI sources to experiment with at home but at work we use use these inexpensive servers for less significant places we need HD video as they will lockup from time to time, but I can load various framerate 1080 and 720 mpegs on it and test the Shuttle with an HDMI connection. i will experiment more as time permits and post my findings here.
Still, for fast moving video that looks jumpy at 1080 30p or 720 60p that looks much smoother, I'll take the 720 60p anyday, as long as I don't have to put it on a large projection screen. Here's some pics of the little inexpensive server. Brighsign HD1010 Roku.

Danny Hays, Universal Orlando

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]