FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Playback

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William McCulough
Decklink HD Playback
on Aug 20, 2010 at 12:26:53 pm

Hi there,

I'm starting to work with HD now, and I'm having some trouble figuring it out when it comes to the Decklink Directshow API.

First: I noticed the Decklink Playback Demo, wich comes with the SDK, freezes when trying to play a 1080i wmv file. Since it opens other wmv files (720p and 1080p), I thought this could be a bug. What am I missing?

Second: There are some formats wich graphs end in a Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder filter, but I didn't find a way to connect it to the Decklink Video Renderer. ince that MS DTV-DVD decoder is Windows 7 native, isn't it supposed to work with the video renderer? Searching through the Playback Demo, I saw there was a Sample Grabber added to the graph in order to change some values in the media type. I tried that, but then I coudn't connect the sample grabber to the renderer. What formats does the renderer accept?

In short: I need to playback HD files on my Decklink SDI (or HD Extreme 2) using only Directshow Filters. Is it possible? Are there any HD specific BlackMagic filters that doesn't come with the SDK? Where to find them?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

William.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]