FORUMS: list search recent posts

DeckLink Studio 2

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Howden
DeckLink Studio 2
on Aug 17, 2010 at 1:29:52 pm

Hi All,

I have just moved my studio, mac, broadcast monitor etc and am now not getting any picture on my broadcast monitor. I've tried the analogue outs, SDI out, the HD-SDI out etc I've tried both SDI channels on my monitor still nothing...

I've not updated any software or OS etc I'm using good quality cable, not sure whats going on. Have obviously tried all the FCP settings and blackmagic preferences etc

Am lost, any thoughts on some other things I can check, help, gulp!

1 X 8-Core Mac Pro Xeon 2.8 Ghz
10 GIG RAM
Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite etc

Return to posts index

Craig RussillRoy
Re: DeckLink Studio 2
on Aug 17, 2010 at 5:47:10 pm

Try re seating the decklink card by re installing it - the same thing happed to me when I moved my box - I also had to uninstall and reinstall the drivers !!! Hope that helps - also in decklink preferences go through the sdi comp and whatever other ones you have this can reset the output

MINTedit
London, England

Mac Pro - 8gig ram - FCS 3 - CS4 - Cinema 4D
Film, Edit and Deliver

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: DeckLink Studio 2
on Aug 18, 2010 at 5:35:56 pm

I was going to offer the same suggestion. The Decklink Studio board is a 1x lane PCI-express board. As such the motherboard riser connection is short. If the chassis gets jostled well enough it is possible that board could reposition enough to not work.

As a general rule of thumb. When I setup the booth at NAB or any other tradeshow obviously a lot of equipment gets moved around. Part of my standard practice is to open every machine and check that all components didn't shift around. Graphics, Peripherals, memory, hard drives, everything. Basically if it can come out of the chassis I make sure it hasn't. Always serves me well.

If you continue to have problems and everything was working before, then it's probably just something silly that is being done differently. You can give us a call and we can do some troubleshooting, I'm sure it will be a simple issue.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]