FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Component output low color sampling??

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Federico Lang
Intensity Component output low color sampling??
on Aug 13, 2010 at 11:26:21 pm

Hi there. I've been having this problem and I don't really know what to do.

I'll let the images speak for themselves:

This is the original file:

This is the image I get in my Beta deck from my component output:

For me it looks like a problem with color depth.

My hardware is the following:

MacPro w/Blackmagic Intensity connected to a Beta SP via Component

Capture works great, but it seems that output via component is not. HDMI output works like a charm though.

Help? Anyone?

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Intensity Component output low color sampling??
on Aug 14, 2010 at 3:40:06 am

Hmmm, I have the Shuttle and capture component as MJPEG and it looks fantastic, 1080i straight from the imager of my Sony HVR-A1U. are you capturing with Media express or a third party software? Are you using the same display with HDMI as with component out? Also your one of the few that has an Intensity running on a Mac. You got Bootcamp and using Windows? I use the HDMI out to view, havent used component out yet. Guess I gotta try and see my results.
Are you capturing HD or upconverting, more spicifics will help. Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Intensity Component output low color sampling??
on Aug 16, 2010 at 10:30:41 pm

I couldn't tell by your post, but I'm assuming your are just capturing SD over component. Also is it true that you are outputting native resolution, that is, you are not upconverting the output (still shouldn't be an issue)?

So if the HDMI out looks okay and just the analog or component is looking like this then my guess is that either breakout cable is bad (or some cable on the component is bad) or the card itself is bad.

So easiest thing is to troubleshoot the cables. Make sure you are not using composite cables (Yellow, Red, White) as they are not suitable for component use. Also make sure all the RCA's fit tightly. If they are tight, give them a wiggle while you are playing back and see if the image flickers.

If it does turn out that the breakout cable is bad or the board for that matter, provided you are in warranty we can gladly help you replace that. Just give our office a call and we can clarify a bit better.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]