FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas monitoring via Intensity...?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pinson Denis
Vegas monitoring via Intensity...?
on Aug 8, 2010 at 9:02:40 pm

Hi, i'm using vegas pro 9.0 and I would like to get a HD monitoring on a LCD TV via HDMI. I'm thinking about buying an "Intensity" card.

Will it work with any codec I'll be using in the timeline??? Actually, i'm shooting with EX1 (mp4 files). Or will it have to be a quicktime Blackmagic codec video files???
Will it work like a third monitor i'll choose in the vegas monitoring options?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if it has already been explained somewhere...

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Vegas monitoring via Intensity...?
on Aug 10, 2010 at 7:03:47 pm

I have the Intensity Shuttle and can use it as a secondary monitor through the Shuttle, But can't remember if it has to be BM's Motion Jpeg or uncompressed. If that all you want to to do is us an HDTV as a full screen monitor for Vegas, Just use a second VGA or DVI, with an adapter to HDMI if your card doesnt have that as an output. It would play anything Vegas will play. Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Pinson Denis
on Aug 10, 2010 at 7:06:43 pm

I already use 2 monitors to work with Vegas... A third one would be great... Maybe i should use a second graphic card to connect a third screen...?

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 11, 2010 at 12:49:16 am

Let me try my Shuttle HDMI out with non-Blackmagic codec video and see when I get home from work. You realize you need a X58 chipset and an NEC USB 3 port in order to use the Shuttle, right?

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 22, 2010 at 2:15:03 am

Sorry for the delay, Yes, I just played an .mov file in Vegas Pro 9 and used my Intensity Shuttle as a secondary monitor through the HDMI out of the Shuttle. So any format Vegas plays will show up on your HDMI out of the Shuttle, so you could use it as a full screen display on your HDTV with two monitors on the side. If all your wanting is a third monitor, then another video card would work. The Intensity offers much more than that. Capture from analog component HD, composite, s video, HDMI, even sraight from the imager of most HDV camcorders, bypassing the m2t compression and using the Blackmagic motion jpeg, or even 8 and 10 bit uncompressed format, if you have a fast enough raid aray for the uncompresed formats. Hope this helps, Danny Hays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]