FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic - AVCIntra100 & Premiere CS5

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Howe
Blackmagic - AVCIntra100 & Premiere CS5
on Aug 6, 2010 at 6:34:01 am

Hi Guys

Thought I'd post this here, as I'm sure others would want the answer, and the BM dev guys are regular visitors.

We shoot on Varicam, AVCIntra100. Love the footage, and it works great with out decklinks and Premiere Pro CS5. Workflow is great, and everything seems to work well.

I can't say the same for our experiment with CS4 and this codec.

ANyway, I have an output question. We are editing native AVCIntra 100, and then mastering back to AVCIntra 100. THis works well, and premiere "Re-Muxes the unchanged footage, and the output is fast and reliable...but...fast could still be faster. On our current workstations, we are at about 1 hour output per half hour of content.

We have an option to use the renders on output (and of course we would set the renders to maximum quality if we did this)...the qusetion I have is what format does the BM project render to?

It states "I Frame Only MPEG".....is this essentially ACVIntra...or something else? Can I use these renders on my output to speed things up? Will it use smart render to REMUX all these clips and renders for my output?

Thanks

Brett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]