FORUMS: list search recent posts

live capture SDI from Panasonic switcher suddenly not working

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey Griffith
live capture SDI from Panasonic switcher suddenly not working
on Aug 4, 2010 at 7:49:27 pm

Hello,

I have a Panasonic AV-HS400A switcher (via SDI) and a Yamaha MC7L (via analog audio) that feed into my Mac Pro through a Decklink Studio 2. I capture live into Final Cut 6 at 720p 59.94. I recently got a new Mac Pro (upgraded from a quad to an 8 core.) but it captured fine the first week. Then I've got nothing. I somehow, after uninstalling the card and reinstalling it (which was extremely hot to the touch upon removal of the physical card) and securing all the wires between my office and the sanctuary (200ft), got it to work, but then when it came time to capture the service, it wasn't working again. I have ensured that all the settings match and all the software and hardware are up to date.

I was able to hook up a dvd player in my office to the S-Video input and that captured and pulled in the audio from the sound board. It seems that if one element isn't working, I can't get either. But, IO even hauled the computer out there and tried a direct SDI line from the switcher and the camera to no avail.

Can the SDI part of the card get corrupted, but the other part not be?

I am going to bring in my old mac and see if that will work, but I am doubtful that the new mac is the problem.

I am seriously at a loss as to what to try next.

Thank you so much for any help you can offer.

Truly,
Casey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]