FORUMS: list search recent posts

disappointed to read about this about Videohub

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
disappointed to read about this about Videohub
on Aug 2, 2010 at 11:56:24 pm

Hi -
I was disappointed to read about the (what appears to be wonderful) IMC Router Link, which allows the incredible Blackmagic Videohub to be controlled by an automation system for a TV Station. To add "insult to injury", it appears that Creative Cow's Bryson Johnes from the Creative Cow "CAT DV" forum is an official rep for this product. Why didn't Blackmagic make this a press release on Creative Cow, on this forum, or on their own website. One of the minor complaints about the Videohub is it's lack of an automation interface, and it obviously appears that this exists, but must be a "secret".

Do I feel "left out" - I sure do. I thought the whole point of Creative Cow was to announce products from the great companies.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: disappointed to read about this about Videohub
on Aug 4, 2010 at 9:51:19 pm

Hrm...Interesting. I haven't heard anything about it. Of course that's not entirely odd either. So I guess it would have depended on how much interaction we had on this. The SDK is freely available so it is quite possible for someone to work on software for our devices without us ever knowing.

Of course...that said, it doesn't mean we (as an entity) didn't know. But rather, I personally did not. But it sounds cool though.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Aug 4, 2010 at 10:34:28 pm

To add onto this (just checked for confirmation). This situation was a good example of a developer that used our SDK to get more out of our hubs. They did this on their own with little help from us.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 5, 2010 at 12:50:54 am

the potential of the Videohub is enormous, for broadcast applications but (just like the Ultrascope) it just needs just a "little bit" more (and I am NOT asking for these new features for free - Blackmagic should CHARGE money for things like salvos for the routers, or error logging for the scopes).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]