error message / problem with our Blackmagic Multibridge in the FCP suite
What this error message / problem is related to
Graphics Card / Driver User
This crash appears to have been caused by an issue with your graphics card or graphics drivers.
* Embedding complex Motion projects in your Final Cut Pro timeline.
* Using a large number of layered tracks.
* Putting lots of filters on a single clip, especially if that clip is a long-GOP format such as XDCAM or H.264.
* Running Final Cut Studio on an underpowered graphics card.
* Running out of graphics memory.
* Using images in Motion that are larger than your graphics card's maximum texture size.
* Switch off RT Extreme in Final Cut Pro.
* Export any embedded Motion or LiveType projects on your timeline as QuickTime movies and then reimport them.
* In Motion, switch the Fixed Resolution option on for vector and PDF images.
* Resize any large images in your project.
* Update your operating system, as Apple includes new graphics drivers with each OS X point update.
* Consider purchasing a more powerful graphics card.
Since this crash is often caused by overworking the computer, consider the following to minimize the strain on your system:
* Don't edit MPEG-2, H.264, XDCAM or HDV in the timeline - convert it to ProRes instead (or at least render in ProRes).
* Convert Motion projects to QuickTime movies. If you must have embedded Motion projects in your timeline, make sure they are not complex.
* Don't use your system drive as a scratch disk.
* Make sure your scratch disk has enough throughput to playback the video format you are using plus 20% for overhead. Also make sure it has at least 20% free disk space on it.
* If you are using multiclips, remember that each camera angle plays back simultaneously, so you need fast enough disks to play back all of your multiclip angles at once.
* If you are using any third-party filters in your sequence, make sure they are compatible with your version of Final Cut Pro. It's worth checking with the manufacturer for an update.
This crash is related to QuickDraw. To fix this crash, try trashing preferences with Preference Manager and running a Comprehensive scan in FCS Housekeeper.
0 com.apple.QD 0x97b633cd _SetDstBits32BGRA + 8
This crash appears to have occurred when trying to output video to an external monitor or deck.
* Sometimes this crash can occur if the deck is switched off. Check the deck is switched on before trying to output video.
* Double-check all connections to the deck or monitor.
* Check with the manufacturer of your output card for a driver or firmware update.
* Disable the video output feature of the your card.
* Disable or remove the card from your system.
This crash is related to a Blackmagic Design card.
0 ...agic-design.BlackmagicCodec 0x0d08070b Horizontal_Upsample_2vuy_1_to_2_Vector + 98