FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe media encoder dosent render in blackmagic preset

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mandeep singh
Adobe media encoder dosent render in blackmagic preset
on Jul 19, 2010 at 3:23:30 pm

Hello my basic problem is that when i edit in cs4 using a blackmagic preset and when i export the media to be rendered , which happens through media enocder from adobe, it always give an error. This is happening on two machicenes having extreme hd installed.

And my second question is what is the use of blackmagic presets, i have expereinced delay in timeline even with bm presets, and as i cannot render using any blackmagivc preset, whats the use of extreme hd card itself? except for capturing

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
Re: Adobe media encoder dosent render in blackmagic preset
on Jul 20, 2010 at 9:47:15 am

Hi Mandeep,

Delay in timeline would indicate that you are editing in an uncompressed Blackmagic codec which leads to huge file sizes. Unless you have a RAID HDD you will struggle to get a hard drive fast enough to play these files back in real time. Have you tried capturing the files to the Blackmagic MotionJPEG codec? This is more compressed and easier for your HDD to play.

This may also explain problems with the render?

Return to posts index

Martin Kay
on Jul 22, 2010 at 4:37:39 pm

Something I've discovered using the Intensity Shuttle drivers/plugins in Premiere CS5, is that all attempts to render a Blackmagic AVI using the MJPEG codec (at 1080 or 720) result in an uncompressed file (at up to ~200MB/s).

I had a multi-layer section of a HD sequence which wouldn't play out via the Shuttle, so I assumed the answer would be to render it down (into a BM MJPEG file) but it still wouldn't play. Several days later, when trying a dedicated export to BM MJPEG, I discovered the problem, went back to look at the rendered files, and found they were uncompressed as well. In theory this may not affect users of non-USB3 products with different drivers, etc, but who knows?

Martin Kay - ZEN Computer Services, UK

Return to posts index

mandeep singh
on Aug 2, 2010 at 11:12:09 am

What about media files which are not CAPTURED but directly copied from sd cards of jvc 700 . Should i edit them directly with blackmagic preset or do i need them converted first

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]