FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two BlackMagic Intensity Pro cards

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Abbata
Two BlackMagic Intensity Pro cards
on Jul 16, 2010 at 3:48:49 am

Is it possible to run 2 BlackMagic cards simultaneously on one PC each in their own PCIe slot. Will they run solo or will they conflict with each other? Also I will be using this PCI to PCIe adapter because my motherboard only has one PCIe slot, will this work with the BMIP?

http://www.startech.com/item/PCI1PEX1-PCI-to-PCI-Express-Adapter-Card.aspx

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Two BlackMagic Intensity Pro cards
on Jul 16, 2010 at 6:26:23 am

Hi Tom,

Yes, the driver will recognise and be able to configure multiple cards.

The question is what application you're going to be using as most end user apps only will address one.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Tom Abbata
on Jul 16, 2010 at 6:52:47 am

Adobe flash media encoder, im using that to stream the capture cards.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jul 19, 2010 at 5:56:28 pm

I would suspect the riser adapter would be a problem. Obviously you can try it, but I would recommend a motherboard that does not require you to use an adapter like that.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Tom Abbata
on Jul 28, 2010 at 7:55:23 am

Update!

You were correct the PCI-e adapter did not work I couldn't even test it as it froze my PC as soon as I turned it on with or with out anything plugged into it.

So I went out and got a mother board that has two PCI-e hooked everything up installed and updated everything. The computer reconiges both cards audio and video. In the control panel it has a drop down to edit each card, but when I attempt to use media express it only shows up as 1 card. No option to change in media express, also the streaming program adobe FME it only shows 1 BM card, anyway to get either media express or adobe FME to see both cards. I got this far and I don't wanna give up.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

ben honey
on Apr 7, 2011 at 9:23:40 am

Hi Tom

Did you get this to work eventually?

I'm currently looking to create a device that will record 4 SD-SDI signals and was thinking of using two BM dual's in one pc...

Any advice would be appreciated (including don't waste your time if you think it appropriate!!)

Thanks

Ben

Return to posts index

Tom Abbata
on Apr 11, 2011 at 3:39:52 am

No I didn't as it would only read one capture device I ended up buying a cheap HQ alternative to run with the black magic.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]