FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is new Xbox 360 "Slim" HDCP-protected or not? Need to know fast :)

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Ekelund
Is new Xbox 360 "Slim" HDCP-protected or not? Need to know fast :)
on Jul 14, 2010 at 9:22:17 am

I'm wondering to pre-order Xbox 360 Slim today, because it will be released on friday here in Europe.

However, I've not found any answer to my question: is the new Xbox 360 Slim HDCP-protected, or will I be able to continue record with Blackmagic Intensity Pro through HMDI?

This is very important for me to know...

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Aaron Pulicano
Re: Is new Xbox 360 "Slim" HDCP-protected or not? Need to know fast :)
on Jul 15, 2010 at 5:22:44 pm

I can not say one way or the other. However, I did hear "talk" that newer Xbox 360s now have HDCP on HDMI game streams as well as movies. Can say for sure that older 360s are HDCP for HDMI gaming. Isn't HDCP great? Anyway, good luck!

Return to posts index

Aaron Pulicano
on Jul 16, 2010 at 11:28:32 am

I had a typo in my last reply. When I said "Can say for sure that older 360s are HDCP for HDMI gaming." I meant to say "Can say for sure that older 360s are HDCP free for HDMI gaming."

Return to posts index

Alexander Ekelund
on Jul 16, 2010 at 1:00:35 pm

Hello again! I just wanted to say I actually got my new Xbox 360 "Slim" today (was a trade-in campaign on Gamestop here in Sweden) and it still works to record in Media Express, exactly like it did on my old machine. Yay! =D

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jul 15, 2010 at 9:13:11 pm

Un-sure at this point. I've heard that for some reason they've HDCP encrypted the output in gaming mode, but we're still looking for more specifics.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Brian Parry
on Jul 26, 2010 at 8:57:14 pm

I just picked up the 360 Slim. I use Premiere Pro CS4 to capture via HDMI with the Intensity Pro. Game capturing still works the same!

Return to posts index

Cliff Yaun
Re: Is new Xbox 360
on Oct 7, 2010 at 4:09:46 pm

I have the new Xbox 360 Slim and an Intensity pro, and I can not get any video in media express, via HDMI connection. It works fine with component output, but no HDMI. Yes, i've changed the input to HDMI in media express, and yes i've tried outputs of both 720p and 1080i from the Xbox. I get a black screen only. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]