FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Control Panel Problem

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Adams
Blackmagic Control Panel Problem
on Jul 12, 2010 at 6:04:49 am

Hi, I have purchased a Blackmagic Intensity Pro for my Xbox 360 and I am having problems with the Blackmagic Control Panel. I am using windows xp and the Control Panel is saying it is Blackmagic Design - 3.6.4. The problem is under that. It specifically says "Preference settings for your DeckLink" and it doesnt allow me to edit any settings. I am wondering why it says DeckLink and why it doesnt say Intensity Pro. I would also like to know how to make the settings editable for the Intensity Pro through the Blackmagic Control Panel.

Thanks for the help.

My email is->pitisci@bellsouth.net

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Blackmagic Control Panel Problem
on Jul 13, 2010 at 8:14:41 pm

Well, it should say Blackmagic Control panel, but should not say Decklink. It should reference the Intensity. It is POSSIBLE to use the Decklink Drivers with the Intensity in which case you would see it mention settings for your decklink, but the controls should still be bright.

Because the driver version you said you've installed says 3.6.4 leads me to think that you did NOT install the decklink drivers on the machine so i'd guess something else is wrong.

Quick check, go to the device manager and check under sound video and game controllers. Does the driver say Decklink Video, or Intensity Video?

Either way you should probably call us to troubleshoot more directly since what you are seeing should not be happening.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

John Adams
Re: Blackmagic Control Panel Problem
on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:37:50 am

Thanks for the help. I did what you said and it was a problem with the software. I had to reinstall it and I got the Control Panel to work and the Media Express to open and record.

Unfortunately, when I record, it drops frames half the time. I not exactly sure why. Then I concluded it must be my computer. I think it is too slow because it has 1Gb of RAM. Tomorrow, I will be going to get (2) 2Gb of RAM from Office Depot. Hopefully this will help. I am not sure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]