FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seconary analogue preview monitor

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Mercer
Seconary analogue preview monitor
on Jul 8, 2010 at 6:34:55 am

I have a SONY PVM series Monitor setup for editing in Final cut, which is plugged into the RGB component outputs of my Decklink HD extreme.

What I need now is to plug in an domestic TV set in addition to the SONY for preview purposes. The domestic set (a LOEWE CRT) has RCA, S-VIDEO and SCART.

Is there any way to get a picture from the SDI output of my Blackmagic card into this TV? Do I need to get some kind of digital-analogue converter?

I really want to have this setup for next time we have clients in to preview a corporate video.

Thanks

Dylan

Return to posts index

slobodan milivojevic
Re: Seconary analogue preview monitor
on Jul 8, 2010 at 7:16:26 am

You can buy one of BLACKMAGIC's converters from SDI to ANALOG and then to connect it to your TV.

With this converter, you can route your SDI to component to your SONY monitor, and you can route your composite signal to TV (or you can make S video cable for better quality picture).

One more question:

Does your SONY monitor have also VIDEO OUT, so you can have out routed trough it?

Return to posts index

Dylan Mercer
Re: Seconary analogue preview monitor
on Jul 8, 2010 at 7:34:55 am

Yep my SONY monitor is thePVM-D20L5A and it has loads of outputs, but nothing I can get to work on the TV set. I'm plugged into the RGB plugs on it and they have RGB outputs next to them but the TV desn't have RGB inputs.

thanks Slobodan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]