FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro xbox 360 setup

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Morris
Intensity Pro xbox 360 setup
on Jul 7, 2010 at 3:03:03 pm

Hey i cant set my xbox up with the intensiy pro, i have followed loads of tutorials online but nothing works,i sing two hmi cables, theinput onnected to the xbox and output to tv

my preferances are: 720p 59.94, and comprssion type: compressed

output : HDMI & Y, R-Y, B-Y

Input HDMI & HDMI-Video

Reply please

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Intensity Pro xbox 360 setup
on Jul 9, 2010 at 7:06:32 pm

Well, my guess is that your setup is mostly fine. But there are some things to bring your attention to.

IF you are Playing a DVD or an HDDVD, this will not work due to HDCP. Nothing you can do will make that work. It's not supposed to.

IF you are playing a game and want to get some gameplay footage, then you should be okay. In this case my guess is that your software settings are not right.

Your input and output look right, but make sure that you don't have any processing set. You don't want to be "down converting".

That being checked, then you will need to make sure whatever capture application you are using is setup right. You didn't mention this, so I will assume you are using our Media Express application. If you are, make sure you are running both the latest version of our Intensity Drivers (3.6.4) and make sure you've installed Media Express 2.x (latest version 2.1 i believe) which is a separate download.

Once that's done, then you will want to make sure the input settings of the app are right.

On Mac, click the Media Express -> Preferences and make sure that the input format is 720p59.94. This is also where you'd select the target location and compression type. Close the preferences window and re-click the capture tab. If that doesn't work then try 720p60.

On Windows, click the Edit -> Preferences and make sure that the input format is 720p59.94. This is also where you'd select the target location and compression type. Close the preferences window and re-click the capture tab. If that doesn't work then try 720p60.

If that's still not working, i'd try another source (just as a sanity check to make sure the board is getting video). It's worth saying we have an Xbox360 in our office and we use it to capture VIA HDMI all the time.

One more note. PLEASE make sure that you are not assuming the output of the Xbox360 is the resolution printed on the back of the game box. You need to set your output resolution manually by using the settings blade in your dashboard. So please make sure that is set for 720p60.

If that doesn't work, then we probably need to troubleshoot a bit more, so give us a call and we can try to walk you through it.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]