FORUMS: list search recent posts

BlackMagic Micro VideoHub

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Alfermann
BlackMagic Micro VideoHub
on Jul 7, 2010 at 2:48:15 pm

Hello,

I was interested in the new Micro Videohub from Blackmagic and I was wondering if anyone knows a little more about them. Here are my questions.

1. Do they offer an SDK for C# programming?

2. Is there commands that can be sent to switch video sources through the Ethernet port?

3. How much control do I really have over the switch. Can I integrate my own software?

Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: BlackMagic Micro VideoHub
on Jul 9, 2010 at 6:58:14 pm

1. Do they offer an SDK for C# programming?
A. Not currently, but my understanding is that it will be forthcoming. Not sure on the timeframe.

2. Is there commands that can be sent to switch video sources through the Ethernet port?
A. My understanding is that you can use the same Telnet commands that can be sent to the other VideoHub products.

3. How much control do I really have over the switch. Can I integrate my own software?
A. At this time I believe you can, but you'd have to use the telnet interface until we get the proper SDK out.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Martin vanPutten
Re: BlackMagic Micro VideoHub
on Jul 27, 2010 at 9:02:44 pm

Apparently the SDK is in c++, however, installing the dll from the batch file blackmagic supplies actually gives reference to c#, even though another post I read said its not implemented yet... but that could be why I haven't gotten it to work yet.

I've asked the same question about commands to send, read a post saying there is, and that they are the same as their other devices such as matrix switches (assuming the commands are ascii), however still doesn't work.

Essentially we can integrate our own software, I think at this point its figuring out what the commands are that can be sent via ethernet, if the post I read was acurate.

~Marty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]