FORUMS: list search recent posts

Videohub studio - green flashes

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Lowden
Videohub studio - green flashes
on Jul 6, 2010 at 7:51:40 pm

I am discovering an intermittent problem with monitor return and on res decks in HD-SDi or SDI. I have green flashes intermittently (about a flash every 4mins). I see it on all the machines. I don't know if it is at the same time as I can't be in more than one place at one time. Has anyone else had this problem. I am running a Videohub in 4.2.
Many thanks

Return to posts index

Christopher Lowden
Re: Videohub studio - green flashes
on Jul 8, 2010 at 7:07:44 am

Looks like this is a ref issue. When you have SD ref with HD signal, I seem to get the result. In theory, i need to have a ref but as the whole system is SDI, in reality, I don't need a ref, particularly for multi-format work.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jul 9, 2010 at 11:59:24 pm

#1 - what does this have to do with the Videohub

#2 - you ALWAYS need a reference - period. You needed black reference before non linear editing was even invented. You needed one with AVID systems, you need one with FCP systems, and you need one just doing deck to deck editing. Where do you get your information from ?

when you do multiformat work, you have to CHANGE your reference - from NTSC to PAL , or from SD reference, to tri level sync. Things just don't work by magic.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Christopher Lowden
on Jul 10, 2010 at 5:15:54 am

Bob
Strictly speaking you are right. My Digi Beta won't work without a ref. On the other hand, in small installations, the avids make can survive quite happily without. The problem is that I have editors working off HD and SD on the same videohub at the same time. The video hub has only one ref input. BM tech support says to me that a Tri-level ref should cover both in theory. That, for the moment, is not my expierence. I have found that by taking the ref off the videohub, I no longer have this issue and the digibeta is still happy.

Yet, in the end, I will find a tri-level solution as it will become increasingly essential for all my installations

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Jul 10, 2010 at 12:12:29 pm

Hi,

If you are working in 1080i59.94 and NTSC, standard NTSC will cover both formats, no meed for tri level. However, I will still consider this a bug as Videohub I meant to only sync the outputs which I compatible with the Ref input. If the reference is not compatible, the ref will be ignored.

We will check this out to see what going on.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]