FORUMS: list search recent posts

BlackMagic Shuttle

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Jarvis
BlackMagic Shuttle
on Jul 6, 2010 at 6:53:40 pm

Hi, I am very intersed in the Blackmagic Shuttle device and unsure about a couple of things..

1: Can it recieve Component RGB OR YPb/Cb/Pr/Cr @ 720P as I have a PS3 and HDCP is the issue there.

2: When disovering you products (on youtube) a person was doing a guide on `howto-setup` one of the Intensity PRO pci-e cards and was showing sofware called "Adobe Live Media Steamer" that aloowed for both uncompressed formats + H-264 to be output, can the shuttle work with this software ?

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: BlackMagic Shuttle
on Jul 6, 2010 at 8:11:33 pm

Hello,

I will try to answer your questions.

1> It will not take component RGB, but will capture Y,Cb,Cr (or Y,Pb,Pr). There is no HDCP over component and we won't stop you from capturing that signal in HD over analog. HDMI would be a problem due to HDCP.

2> While we haven't tested it specifically, both the Intensity Pro and the Intensity Shuttle work off the same interface (as do all of our boards) which means it should plug right in and work the same. Again, we haven't tested, but it should work the same.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Darren Jarvis
on Jul 6, 2010 at 9:03:00 pm

ok cool thanks, so HD resolutions from PS3 via YPb/Cb/Pr/Cr

I assume my machine is up to the task?, I have a MSI Intel P35 Platinum + 4GB DDR2 +1 Q6600 GO @ (running at 3.0Ghz)...

Also back to the 2nd question I asked earlier, if the Adobe media Live Steaming sofware works, will that pick up all the other codecs I have on the PC... XVID, DIVX-PRO v6.8 etc, aswell as the H-264 ?

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 22, 2010 at 2:55:16 am

Sorry. You need an I7 X58 or P55 chipset motherboard with USB 3. Asus and Gigabyte make a MB that works with the Shuttle. I would research this before you buy any motherboards to use with the Shuttle. I'm using one at home ant one at work. There are some firmware and software updates that are also needed for using the shuttle. I have the Asus p6x58d- premium board. It has USB 3 and will work great with the Shuttle. Danny Hays, Universal Studios FL.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]