FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro codecs

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Scott
Intensity Pro codecs
on Jul 4, 2010 at 6:41:06 pm

Blackmagic Design specifies that the Intensity Pro card works with the ProRes codec. Does that mean that it will work with the Apple ProRes LT codec as well? I am mostly interested in just playing back AVCHD video that I have converted in FCP to ProRes LT, and just want to make sure that the card will output this format to my monitor.

Also the Intensity Pro apparently only outputs YUV, while the Matrox MXO2 Mini does RGB as well. When would this cause any problems for me, if any?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Intensity Pro codecs
on Jul 6, 2010 at 8:24:33 pm

Using FCP the Intensity can capture and playback from any of the YUV ProRes codecs. Though keep in mind the output will only be 8 bit (as the card only supports 8 bit). So that goes for capture as well (though internal processing will remain in 10 bit).

I think in our Media Express program it defaults to the HQ ProRes codec, but in FCP you can choose any of them (minus the RGB).

As for the Intensity only outputting YUV and if that's a problem for you, I guess that all depends on what you are doing that would require RGB output. Sorry, that's just vague. Maybe if you can let me know what you are doing I can tell you how it might effect you.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Joshua
on Jul 6, 2010 at 10:15:50 pm

Thanks for the response.

I am just a hobbyist, so I don't know if not having RGB output capability would be missed or not. I will primarily be using the card to output FCP and AE timeline video to an external HD monitor. Will the lack of RGB output hinder this in any way?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]