FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video signal gets interrupted when tabbing down Media Express

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Ekelund
Video signal gets interrupted when tabbing down Media Express
on Jul 4, 2010 at 12:26:30 pm

There's a problem kind of related to this that I really would love to get adressed.

I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to my Intensity Pro (and then a HDMI between card and TV, so I can play on the TV while recording) to be able to capture videos from games. However, even though I'm not gonna record something I still have to launch the software. Fine, no problem.

However, what I don't like is that the software requires to be "focused", otherwise my TV screen will turn black. That means I can't just launch Media Express, choose the "capture" tab and then play while someone else in my family use my computer. You can't tab it down, even though I'm not recording anything.

Maybe it doesnt sound like a very irritating problem, but for me it kinda is. It's not unusual that my brother use my computer while I'm sitting in the sofa playing games, but we can't do that at the same time as long as my 360 is connected to the computer.

Any possibility you could fix this? Just to clearify I'm not asking for being able to actually RECORD anything while having Media Express tabbed down, but that the video signal atleast doesn't get interrupted so i can still see whats going on at the TV.. =)

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Alexander Ekelund
Re: Video signal gets interrupted when tabbing down Media Express
on Jul 4, 2010 at 1:31:35 pm

Nevermind, downloaded the latest software update and realised that they've adressed the problem. Lovely. Cased closed, and thanks alot! :)

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Video signal gets interrupted when tabbing down Media Express
on Jul 6, 2010 at 8:19:51 pm

Was just going to suggest that. It seems that the lastest versions of the software will run "unfocused".

However, traditionally the focus was required in order to stop people from using other applications that could potentially be intensive and disrupt the capture process. So, if you are running other applications that are particularly hard on the hard drives (while capturing uncompressed) or hard on the CPU (which capturing compressed) you may find this will result in capturus interuptus.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]