FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro - Black screen - can't capture

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugo Vivier
Intensity Pro - Black screen - can't capture
on Jun 30, 2010 at 2:45:32 pm

Hello,

I am desperately trying to capture a video with my intensity pro, but I got a black screen instead of the image that should be captured. I use the "Media Express 2.0.4." software.
---

Here is what I have tried so far:

I have tried to install the card on 4 PCs in my offices, with no success.

In theory, none of the 4 motherboards is incompatible with the intensity pro.

The OS of the four machines are different (XP 32, XP 64, Vista, Seven). But the card doesn't work anywhere.

On each PC, I have tried with two sets of drivers: those from the Software CD drivers, AND the latest drivers (3.6.4.), from the website.

I have tried to capture from HDMI and from Analog inputs (from a PC in dual screen mode, with the good resolution). But nothing worked.

I have correctly set the options in the "Black magic design control panel" (in the windows control panel). (i.e. "HDMI" when I was using the HDMI slot, and "Y, B-Y..." when I was using the Analog cables.)

I have also set my preferences in the Media Express menu called "preferences"... with no success. (i.e. Trying all the 720p input formats when my source was A PC that delivers 1280x720).

What should I do ? Is there any way that the hardware is damaged ?

Ps: Please also note that window plays the "you've-just-plugged-something-in" sound when I put the HDMI cable into the intensity pro "video in" slot.

Thank you by advance for your help,
Hugo

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Intensity Pro - Black screen - can't capture
on Jul 1, 2010 at 11:35:16 am

Hi Hugo,

That's strange, you shouldn't get that sound in Windows when you connect HDMI to Intensity Pro.

Are yup able to play out anything from the card? It's possible that the card is faulty so trying to play something out will be a good test.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Hugo Vivier
Re: Intensity Pro - Black screen - can't capture
on Jul 2, 2010 at 10:30:34 am

Hello Kristian,

I finally managed to make it work!

The problem was that my source did not deliver the format it was supposed to deliver!
What I did is just trying other sources (such as a PC with a NVidia graphics card to have a good control on the video output (there are a lot of options in the "Nvidia control panel")) and it worked.

I only tried HDMI for the moment.

Thank you for your answer, and have a nice day,

Hugo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]