FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro with AECS4 and FCP 7

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Scott
Intensity Pro with AECS4 and FCP 7
on Jun 29, 2010 at 9:02:07 pm

I am currently using a DVI to HDMI cable to output an HD video image to a Panasonic HD LCD using the Digital Cinema Desktop Preview from Final Cut and it all works fine. My question is, how do I get this same functionality from After Effects CS4? Though Digital Cinema Desktop Preview is an option in the AE Video Preview preferences it does not work at all consistently (I understand that it only appears because FCP is installed and not because Adobe supports it). Would using a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card give me what I want? I understand that a Matrox MXO2 Mini would do the trick, but I am just a hobbyist and don't really need the critical color correction capabilities of that box and would rather save some money.

Also, would the Intensity Pro card allow me to use the Panasonic TV as an extended desktop monitor as my current configuration does?

I'm going to cross-post this in the Final Cut forum also for best exposure.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Intensity Pro with AECS4 and FCP 7
on Jun 30, 2010 at 12:11:07 am

Using the Intensity would give you access to an Intensity Output option within After Effects.

So you would be able to use this to output both your FCP and AE timelines to your monitor via HDMI directly.

What you would NOT be able to do with it is use the Intensity output as an extended desktop.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Thanks Joshua
on Jun 30, 2010 at 1:57:22 am

Thanks for the info. You answered everything I needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]