FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any users of studiohub out there?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gorrie
Any users of studiohub out there?
on Jun 22, 2010 at 1:33:39 am

I'm taking the leap in to a new post facility - and am really planning out our infrastructure (racks, edit systems, signal flow) and am very, very interested in a studio hub. After pricing out patchbays for video and control...I kind of realized it's not a huge difference for something like the studio video hub.

I've seen very few reviews (Bob Z's was great!) - and none about continued use in a facility. We'd be a very small facility focusing on hi-end HD word 3-4 decks, 2-3 edit systems, scopes, broadcast monitors, etc...so while we might not be using all 16 inputs, you could easily get there I think with the added paraphenlia out there these days :)

I just thought I'd check and see if anyone out there had a "long term" review of the product!

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Christopher Lowden
Re: Any users of studiohub out there?
on Jun 29, 2010 at 9:35:53 pm

Hello
I have been running 2 studio videohub for 2 years in a live TV show. They have each locked up once. The videohub is excellent value for money but I would not consider it as reliable as more expensive alternatives. I would not install it is as a main studio patch as it run very hot and it been known to make patching errors. For a small post-prod facility that is not live, it is a good option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]