FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Dropped frames with Decklink and Intensity and Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Jay Epperson
Re: Dropped frames with Decklink and Intensity and Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder
on Jun 19, 2010 at 8:15:58 am

Noah,
It seems your i7 system is the culprit here as we too were using an i7 machine. After lots of testing and sleepless nights, I finally heard back from Blackmagic:

The one lane cards are known to exhibit a slow down after some amount of
time with the x58 chipset motherboards. Other symptoms can range from
hanging machines to not being detected.

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/detail.asp?techID=192
http://blackmagic-design.com/support/detail.asp?techID=193

The bright side is that some motherboard manufacturers say that by updating
the BIOS that these issues are resolved. Specifically mentioned in the tech
note 193 in regards to the ASUS board, so it might be worth a shot to see if
your motherboard has an updated BIOS.

I will also forward this email on.

Regards,

Kaspar Ko
Support Engineer
Blackmagic Design Inc. USA

Since the x58 seems to be the only chipset for the i7 platform and we had already purchased the CPU and memory, I thought that swapping out the motherboard for the supposedly compatible ASUS board would solve our problems. It didn't and the behavior was exactly the same.

At the end of it all, we tossed the i7 system side along with the extra 2 motherboards (first it was the Intel DX58SO which completely refused to even see the card, then a Supermicro board and finally the ASUS P6T) and settled for a Mac Pro running Windows via Boot Camp (we had to keep the system Windows based for a number of reasons and I've had quite some trouble with the Mac version of FMLE as well) which has been working flawlessly

Mind you, however, this has all been with the DeckLink SDI card. Having an Intensity in the same system (not at the same time) where the DeckLink has been known to work still produces the horrible frame drops and audio sync drift. I simply don't know what to do. We need an HDMI capturing solution and noone else makes HDMI capture cards besides Blackmagic. There is of course the alternative of first converting the HDMI to SDI and then capturing that via the SDI card but those are extra costs I do not want to incur, especially since I already own 3 Intensity cards! To make things even worse, anything above 3.4 Intensity software DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, in FMLE, Media Express, Premiere, anywhere. Just a black screen across all formats. I had to roll back the software to 3.4 to at least get some sort of input.

I love Blackmagic, but why can't they just make these things work!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]