FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple SD outputs

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Duplay
Multiple SD outputs
on Jun 16, 2010 at 10:00:12 pm

Hi,

I have the Decklink HD Extreme, and am wondering if it's possible to output 2 SD signals at once.

Basically, the goal is to run a component SD signal out to the deck, while at the same time running a composite SD signal out to a monitor. I know I can run composite out of the deck to the monitor, but have worked in bays in the past where Channel 1 on the monitor is coming out of the box and Channel 2 is coming out of the deck.

I would like to be able to monitor the system output without having to always turn on the deck.

Can I simply use a BNC splitter to send the composite signal to two places at once? Does this degrade the signal?

Thanks,
Adam

Adam Duplay

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Bob Zelin
Re: Multiple SD outputs
on Jun 17, 2010 at 12:55:10 am

Adam writes -
Can I simply use a BNC splitter to send the composite signal to two places at once? Does this degrade the signal?

NO, you cannot use a BNC "T" connector to do this. Professional equipment has looping inputs on them, so you can send a composite signal into a TV monitor, and then loop on the looping input, and then go into your VTR. Or professional VTR's may have looping inputs (like a Sony BETA VTR) where you turn of the 75 ohm term switch, and can loop off the input. But if your TV and your VTR do NOT have looping inputs, you cannot use a BNC "T" as a splitter. You will need a VIDEO DA (distribution amplifier) - does this cost money, yes it does, but not much.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]