FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to import 10-bit avi to FCP with Black Magics Decklink

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stian kluge
Unable to import 10-bit avi to FCP with Black Magics Decklink
on Jun 8, 2010 at 11:06:50 am

Hey,

I have professionally transferred some film material to 10 bit avi uncompressed standard definition, and was told by the company who did it for me to go download Black Magic decklink (http://www.decklink.com/support/software/) for mac which is my platform.

I dont have any hardware to go with that, and through the Black Magic website I get the impression that i would need that, even though this transferring company says that this is the software other customers use to import it to Final Cut Pro, without any additional hardware.

I have now downloaded and installed decklink a few times but still FCP wont import the files, and it doesnt seem to find the drive or plug-in it needs.
So what am i doing wrong?

(The transferring work was done on a windows platform, but they say that has never been a problem before).
(And BTW, both mac and FCP is the newest version)

Any help highly appreciated!

Stian

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Unable to import 10-bit avi to FCP with Black Magics Decklink
on Jun 9, 2010 at 8:11:38 am

Hi Stian,

That's a weird one. Generally, 10-bit uncompressed files on Windows and Mac share the same FourCC so opening it up in FCP should not be an issue.

Do you have a shortish clip you can post on a file hosting website? I can try downloading it and having a try.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]