FORUMS: list search recent posts

HP Dreamcolor and BlackMagic

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darek Sepiolo
HP Dreamcolor and BlackMagic
on Jun 3, 2010 at 3:53:53 pm

I've got HP Dreamcolor monitor connected to MacPro via BlackMagic HD LinkPro (display port) to monitor FCP footage. I managed to calibrate the monitor using APS soft and the Xrite/HP calibrator. During the calibration the monitor is connected to MacPro via DVI cable and works as a computer monitor. Then I disconnect one and use BlackMagic to feed the signal. Is the calibrated profile stored in the monitor regardless of the signal source?

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: HP Dreamcolor and BlackMagic
on Jun 3, 2010 at 5:33:18 pm

Hi.

Mostly calibration is soft based.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Jun 9, 2010 at 8:09:46 am

Hi Darek,

No it's not. Like Margus wrote, the calibration only works via your OS display driver level so it will only be active when the monitor is connected directly to the DVI port of your computer.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Carlos F. Rossini
on Dec 16, 2011 at 3:20:29 am

I don't know if this have been said before but I did run a test:

I have calibrated - over OS and DVI feed - with the proper hp/xrite APS and colorimeter, but with a green glass filter just to make it visible. Then switched to the HDMI input and the calibration was not disable.
I wanted just to note that here because when I did read this I was surprised and could not believe it.

My setup:
My multibridge eclipse is sending an HD-SDI out signal to an AJA HDP2 then converting to HDMI that feeds the HP DreamColor.

any coments?
C.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]