FORUMS: list search recent posts

BMD have a big problems with CS5!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
slobodan milivojevic
BMD have a big problems with CS5!
on Jun 2, 2010 at 8:44:56 am

After week of testing - I can say:

BLACKMAGIC DECLINK HD EXTREME AND INTENSITY PRO have big problems working with CS5.

DVCPRO HD edit, which is working perfectly in NON BLACKMAGIC SEQUENCE, with multi layers, filters, motions.... are NOT EVEN PLAYING in BLACKMAGIC SEQUENCES.

Then, what is the reason working in CS5, when I can't use all its features, like half resolution preview, Mercury acceleration....

I must say that I am very expericanced user of Blackmagic, Adobe, I am over 15 years in industry, and working non linear since MIRO DC1 card.... and I want to ask BLACKMAGIC GUYS - what are they doing? I will throw all my Blackmagic cards, and use secondary monitor as preview via HDMI.....

My Machines are i7, 8 Gb Ram, 4tb Raid 5 arrays, QUADRO 3700 CARD....

I expect answer from BMD on this forum.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: BMD have a big problems with CS5!
on Jun 2, 2010 at 11:30:02 am

Hi,

Have you attempted to contact any of our support crew about the issues you\'re facing?

What version of drivers are you using?

What formats this? 720p? 1080i?

When you say that it\'s not playing, is this even with one single layer?
Which bmd presets are you using?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

slobodan milivojevic
on Jun 2, 2010 at 12:34:38 pm

Have you attempted to contact any of our support crew about the issues you\'re facing?

No, because in past I had a very bad experience with slow responses....

What version of drivers are you using?

Hi, 7.6.3

What formats this? 720p? 1080i?

1080i DVCPROHD

When you say that it\'s not playing, is this even with one single layer?

It is playing with one filter only and 2, max 3 layers, and in non Blackmagic project I can play more than that. Same sequence in non BMD project is playing fine, but in BMD project it is not playing or stopping....
Also, there is a big issue (even in cs4) with DVCPRO HD clips (when we put them in SD or non DVCPRO sequence - they become unplayable until we put motion on them od 100.1%, just to have something - I wrote about this to your support, but no answer!)

Which bmd presets are you using?

BMD DVCPROHD 1080 50i
And, yes - my system is WIN 7 64 ultimate

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Jun 9, 2010 at 8:08:09 am

Hi,

The reason why you're getting more when not using the Blackmagic presets because of how the video data is handled.

In Adobe's presets using the Mercury Playback Engine, the path is relatively straightforward. Everything gets pushed to the graphics card and then directly out via the DVI port.

When you want to use a proper video output, the data then has to make its way back to the driver before being sent out via HD-SDI, HDMI or analog video. However, this ensures that your output is always proper high quality video output in the correct colorspace and resolution.

That said, we're earnestly looking at how we can improve this.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Adrian Tecson
on Jun 9, 2010 at 10:01:50 am

Hi Kristian,

So does this mean I cannot properly playback any 4k RED R3D file via the Blackmagic presets? The settings I want to use BMD 10bit 29.97fps. Right now, I have a 4k R3D file in a timeline with this preset and it wont play back smoothly.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]