FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Frames During Capture in FCP

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Carlsen
Black Frames During Capture in FCP
on Jun 1, 2010 at 9:03:10 pm

Capturing HD ftg 23.98psf to an internal 2TB raid on a G5 Mac. 2 X 3.2 GHZ Quad Core Intel. 4GB Ram. The internal raid is practically empty & has recently been reformatted. Using a Blackmagic card to capture ftg from HD Cam and/or HDD5. No error message, just 1 frame of black inserted into the ftg randomly during capture. Help?

Thanks, ~E

Return to posts index

Mike Bujak
Re: Black Frames During Capture in FCP
on Jun 1, 2010 at 10:10:43 pm

I have the same problem with Decklink Studio 2 with PC computer.
From time to time I get black drop during capture, doesn't matter what kind of input I use.

Return to posts index

Ray Chung
Re: Black Frames During Capture in FCP
on Jun 2, 2010 at 1:16:47 am

I've experienced this (many frames of black/dropout) with a Multibridge Pro while trying to capture a RED camera's 720p/59.94 video tap output (for instant playback purposes) from its SDI monitor out. After some searching, it turns out that the RED's video out isn't very stable, with jitter levels well outside SMPTE standards. Doable on most production monitors, but not stable enough for some SDI inputs like on the Blackmagic cards or perhaps some decks. Here's a discussion on the matter....

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18632

In some ways, understandable seeing that the RED's video out is really only for monitoring since most shooters are using it for its 4K-to-drive capturing, but I would think that an HDCAM would specifically be designed for that option, so it may not be the signal quality itself. Perhaps excessively-long SDI cable runs or the like, or perhaps the need for an external sync generator.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]