FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink SD-SDI capture problem

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Rule
Decklink SD-SDI capture problem
on Jun 1, 2010 at 5:49:08 am

I'm having an issue capturing SD-SDI to my Decklink SDI card from my Sony PDW-700 camera.

Using:
Sony PDW-700 XDHD camera
Blackmagic Decklink SDI card
Windows XP (SP3)
Decklink 7.6.4
Media Express 2.0.4

Capturing is fine (stable pictures/audio) when outputting HD-SDI from the 700. Also no problems when outputting HD-SDI or SD-SDI from an EX-3.

Problem occurs when outputting SD-SDI (downconverted by the camera) to the Decklink card.

There are intermittent black flashes in the picture (which is recorded) - and the 8 channels all peak to 0db in the MediaExpress capture window when the flashes occur.

I had hoped to use the 700 to downconvert an HD programme and recapture it to SD. Obviously this problem prevents me from doing that.

In all cases, my Panasonic 17" SDI monitor displays stable pictures.

Currently I'm running HD-SDI from the camera through an AJA downconverter box and capturing SD-SDI on the decklink with no problem - but I think the camera downconverter is better, so would prefer to go direct from the camera.

The same problem occurs with my Linux installation (on the same machine).

Any thoughts,

Thanks, Mark

Return to posts index

Graham Fox
Re: Decklink SD-SDI capture problem
on Mar 26, 2014 at 8:45:48 pm

Hi there Mark,

Looks like I'm having the same sort of problem with a newly installed Decklink SDI card on Win 7 64bit op sys, The output of my Digibeta works fine on an SDI monitor but when I try and capture on the decklink the picture is flashing, records 2 frames then 2 frames of black and all the 8 sound levels are peaking. I tried rolling the card software drivers etc back to version 9.6.6 from the latest version 10 but the problem was always the same on capture using the media express program. I'm just wondering if you ever found a suitable solution?

regards,

Graham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]