FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS5 slower with BMD sequence

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Roeder
CS5 slower with BMD sequence
on May 31, 2010 at 10:07:58 am

Hello,

just set up Premiere Pro CS5 on a totally new Win7 platform. When working with a native Premiere Pro sequence scrubbing, fast forward and all other timeline responses are very fast (footage is XDcam EX 35 mbit) and we could even manage up to 7 layers same time.

So now we set up the BMD Decklink Studio card with the new DeckLink 7.6.4 drivers and created a sequence (BMD XDcam EX sequence). Well, the thing is that now the response of the timeline is much slower and we are able to playback 4 layers of HD footage only.

Does anybody else has such problems with the performance?

Regards
Sebastian
-----------------------------
PPro 5.0.1 - Win7 Pro 64bit - Tyan Tempest i5400XT (S5396) - 8 GB RAM - Geforce GTX 470

Return to posts index

slobodan milivojevic
Re: CS5 slower with BMD sequence
on May 31, 2010 at 3:56:13 pm

Yes,
I have the same problem also.....
and also, I see that preview quality in Blackmagic project is locked to 1/1, and can't be changed......

I think there is a problem in communication between BMD and CS5....

Return to posts index

Bo Skelmose
on May 31, 2010 at 9:44:37 pm

I have the problem with titles that make the playing stop in a BM timeline - no problem in premiere timeline. BM HDExtreme.
MPE engaged.

Return to posts index

Sebastian Roeder
on Jun 1, 2010 at 6:35:28 am

Regarding the preview quality in Blackmagic projects being locked to 1/1 - it#s the same over here but I think this is because the output of the BMD card is directly mapped to the program windows hence pixels can not be reduced, so guess this is normal.

Regards
Sebastian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]