FORUMS: list search recent posts

ME2: Please list importable formats

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norm Hurst
ME2: Please list importable formats
on May 28, 2010 at 8:02:34 pm

Hello,

ME2 might be just what I need to loop a 1920x1080 clip . But...

I've spent a couple of hours trying to import various file formats into ME2. I've used GSpot to verify that my machine has the required codecs. I've used both AVI and MOV wrappers.

I get the message, "Media Express is unable to import the media because this file format is not supported." This happened for AVI/cvid and MOV/avc1. GSpot was able to play those files. It also would not open a DPX frame, but Adobe CS3 did.

(The only format that imported so far was AVI/v210, but it could not play it without dropping frames, I guess because it is an uncompressed format. It did show a 1920x1080 picture on the HDMI output, and played about 40 frames before it dropped a frame and stopped.)

I could save a lot of time if someone would list the file formats and other requirements for importing. Then I will convert to one of those formats.

Thanks.

Norm

Return to posts index

Larry Brewer
Re: ME2: Please list importable formats
on Jun 5, 2010 at 2:50:47 am

I have the same problem. Have you made any progress determining the proper format and specs for Media Express?

Larry Brewer

Return to posts index

Norm Hurst
on Jun 7, 2010 at 2:09:42 pm

Nope, I've heard nothing on this since I posted.

Return to posts index

Larry Brewer
on Jun 7, 2010 at 4:21:10 pm

I think the answer is to use the Black Magic codecs. I discovered that my Sony Vegas 9.0 has those codecs and they work just fine in AVI or MOV, SD or HD. So that seems to be the answer. If your NLE doesn't have those codecs, get them or use a different editor.

Return to posts index

Frantz Parisot
on Aug 24, 2010 at 6:19:17 pm

Hello Larry,

I see you find the solution to your problem with the Sony Vegas software.

I don't have it and I don't intend to have it (too costly). Can you help me find codecs so I can PLAY any AVI video I have and avoid the following message: "Media Express is unable to import the media because this file format is not supported." on the latest version of Media Express (ver. 2.1).

Naturally, If I have to convert my AVI files, it's OK with me, but I don't know what software I should use and what parameters to use.

Thank you for your time. I'm waiting for a solution, cause I'm stuck!

Regards,

Return to posts index

Larry Brewer
on Aug 24, 2010 at 7:22:04 pm

Frantz,

The solution I found was always there. After I loaded the BlackMagic software for my HD Extreme 2 video capture card, the codecs showed up in my Vegas folder. I simple had to select .avi as my render format and click "custom" and select one of 3 different options.. 8 bit, 10 bit, or motion jpeg. I believe these codecs came not with Sony Vegas, but with the Blackmagic software.

Whichever editor your are using, the codecs may already be there. Short of that, you can download a free Sony Vegas trial good for 30 days. The Vegas "studio" series is cheaper than the "pro" series and may be all you need.

Or contact Blackmagic customer support and ask about codecs for your editor. They will always be happy to discuss problems with customers.

Be sure to get the latest Media Express 2.1.1. There are several fixes in that version.

Larry Brewer

Return to posts index

Frantz Parisot
on Aug 24, 2010 at 10:32:40 pm

Thank you, Larry. I'll check around and I'll keep you posted.

Frantz

Return to posts index

Frantz Parisot
on Sep 16, 2010 at 3:37:57 am

Hello Everyone

To this day I cannot import the AVI files I have in Media Express.

Can anyone help me by telling me what are the parameters I should use to convert any AVI (or other) file into the CORRECT format Media Express can play?

Help!

Thank you for any advice.

P.S: When I capture with Media Express, I can import and play the captured video without problem INSIDE Media Express. But, when I want to import another AVI file, I get an error.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]