FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to use DeckLink Video Capture directShow Filter?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Polihaev Viktor
How to use DeckLink Video Capture directShow Filter?
on May 27, 2010 at 3:24:00 pm

Good day.

Short version of my question is: Where can I find examples of code for "DeckLink Video Capture Filter"?

And long one:
I build simple application in C# what use directShow.

At first I created prototype of my "graph" in GraphEdit application and it looks Ok and works:). After this I try to do the same in code, but the code not works for the filter:

//-------
type = Type.GetTypeFromCLSID(new Guid("44A8B5C7-13B6-4211-BD40-35B629D9E6DF"));
IBaseFilter captureDevice = (DirectShowLib.IBaseFilter)Activator.CreateInstance(type);
graphBuilder.AddFilter(captureDevice, "captureDevice");
IPin sourceOut = null;
captureDevice.FindPin("Capture", out sourceOut);
// the pin is always null :(

I know, the can not work correctly (the capture card should be initialised and recieve parameters like a videoformat etc.), but in "GraphEdit" it works.

In "DeckLink DirectShow Documentation" defined what interfaces has the filter, but not "how to create the Object and set parameters"

Also I tried to do it using DeckLink SDK. In this case, it easy to control the card, but I can't have access to directShow interfaces(like IBaseFilter) and to add the com-object to my graph.

So, if you have example or can explain "What i did wrong?" - I will happy.

Return to posts index

Anthony Junior Ikenwa
black magic decklink hd extreme 3D work with XP,?
on Jun 6, 2010 at 7:54:55 pm

Hello everyone!

well i just bought blackMagic extreme 3d, got it installed on my pc, i work so hard to make it work but it doesn't work it doesn't capture any image, but i can only hear a sound from the audio out put, input no detection , i suspect it may compatibility problem, can anyone advice me on what to do? My spec is:- Window XP32bit, service pack 3, 3ccc Panasonic broadcast camera old analogue, GT295 nvidia graphic card, 1TB SATA harddrive, motherboard Rampage11, processor core i7, my media express cannot detected my video card. someone help newbie
thanks

Return to posts index

ian clark
Re: black magic decklink hd extreme 3D work with XP,?
on Oct 1, 2010 at 7:27:53 pm

I am having similar problems with Decklink Studio card. I have so far not got it to capture anything. Pretty sure it's installed right but will not take .avi .mov. Really driving me nuts.

I'm on Win 7 with 7gig ram. That should work right?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]