FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio 2 - No HDMI output

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Yoole
Decklink Studio 2 - No HDMI output
on May 27, 2010 at 12:41:51 pm

I've just purchased a Decklink Studio 2 card. It's in a Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Dual Core system, 8GB RAM, Mac OS 10.6.3, FInal Cut 7.0.2, After Effects 9.0.2.42 and also AE CS5. Running Decklink 7.6.2 drivers. Been trying to download the 7.6.3 update for 3 days - am I the only one unable to download it? Takes almost an hour then fails anyway.)

Anyway, captured several hours of digibeta footage using SDI yesterday - perfect!

So today I bought a cheap monitoring solution for this workhouse - a Samsung P2350 1920x1080 LCD. It's biggest drawback is DVI/VGA only, no HDMI. But I verified before purchase that many people are successfully using them connected to HDMI devices.

I cannot get pictures from the Decklink Studio 2 HDMI output. The monitor displays fine using DVI from a computer. The HDMI-DVI cable works fine on my plasma TV. I've checked that all the internal HDMI connectors seem properly seated. I don't have an easy option to test the machine on another monitor or TV.

Any suggestions before I lug this sucker home and plug it into my plasma to test?

Return to posts index

Andrew Yoole
Re: Decklink Studio 2 - No HDMI output
on May 27, 2010 at 1:50:08 pm

Additional info:

Successfully upgraded to BM Decklink drivers 7.6.3 (took 40 minutes to download 60MB??!!) No change.

Substituted DVI-HDMI cable. No joy with new cable.

Tried connecting HDMI directly to internal card ports. No change.

Very frustrated, as I have a big client-assisted edit beginning in 48 hours which was the motivation for me buying a Studio 2 rather than standard SDI-only card. The HDMI monitoring was the reason for the upgrade.

Any assistance appreciated.

Return to posts index

Shahriar Rahman
Re: Decklink Studio 2 - No HDMI output
on Feb 15, 2012 at 6:06:06 pm

I am experiencing the same problem... I bought my Decklink Studio 2 six months ago and used it successfully for output using SDI.... but no signal whatsoever from the HDMI out. I have version 7.9.5 installed currently.

Have you, or anyone else, had any progress since the original post over a year go? You may have found a solution by now -- I want to know what it is! Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]