FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black magin main board issue?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Belinkoff
Black magin main board issue?
on May 11, 2010 at 5:48:38 pm

Hi,
Sorry 3rd time I am posting this this is the first time ever posting and made some corrections. Sorry if you read this three times.

I was looking for some guidance on choosing a motherboard to work with the Blackmagic Intensity Pro. I bought a AMD Phenom and the MSI 790GD-FX main board. It turns out Blackmagic does not work with this main board. Does anyone know of a work around? I have searched high and low and have seen this problem surface a number of times with no resolution. I bought the Phenom because I wanted to use the Blackmagic Intensity Pro with a faster processor then the dual core processor I had with more multitasking power, faster front side bus and a larger raid array. When I start the computer with the Black Magic card installed the Windows 7 logo comes up and then the system freezes with the Windows 7 Logo. No idea what to do. Now I am thinking replacing the main board might do the trick. I can keep all my existing components so I don't have to spend a whole bunch of money. I was looking at the 890GX and an ASUS main board. Does anyone one have any good experiences with the 890GX and the Black Magic Intensity Pro?
Below is the link to the main board I am looking at. Tried the Hyperlink button but, it didn't seem to work. Please copy to your browser to look sorry.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131633

Any assistance with my 790 or advice on the Asus 890 would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Eric

System:

MSI 790FX-GD70
AMD Phenom II X4 950 Black Edition
4 GB OCZ Dual Channel AMD Ram
Seagate 500 GB System 7200 RPM SATA 2
2 Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM SATA2 Array
Nvidia 260GTX

If any more information is required please let me know.

Return to posts index

Jay Bloomfield
Re: Black magin main board issue?
on May 12, 2010 at 10:52:15 pm

If you search this forum, you will find a few other posts about Intensity Pro cards not working in certain motherboards. Unfortunately, almost all of the information relates to Intel-based mobos, so it may not be helpful at all to you. However, the one thing that you can try is to boot your system and go into the CMOS setup. Often the BIOS will have a specific setting that tells the computer to look for video cards in a certain order. It usually looks like PCIE1-->PCIE2--->PCI, etc. If the motherboard has it's own built-in graphics, make sure that it is disabled.

First write down what that BIOS setting is, but don't change it. Turn off the computer and see what PCIe slot the Intensity Pro card is in. Your best bet is to put it in the short PCIe 1x slot, if you have one. Else, experiment with moving it to one of the PCIe long (16x) slots, but do not move your video card from it present slot. Make sure the card is well seated in the slot and also ground yourself when handling the IP, so you don't destroy it with static electricity.

If all that fails to make the system boot properly, try testing the Intensity Pro in another computer. The card could be faulty. If none of that works, try opening a support ticket with BMD. They are usually pretty good about hardware issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]