FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS5 & Intensity perfromance

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Johnson
CS5 & Intensity perfromance
on May 8, 2010 at 6:01:01 pm

I have a question I have a i-7 with 6 gigs of memory and a Intensity pro card with CS5. When I edit AVCHD the dissolves are fine in RT but a slide or some kind of push effect drops frames. Also if I do a PIP it slows to a crawl. Anyone else have these issues? How important is drive speed to AVCHD editing? Do I need a RAID or is a fast single drive enough?

thanks
Randy

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Thomas Santopolo
Re: CS5 & Intensity perfromance
on May 10, 2010 at 1:52:12 am

I don't think that using the blackmagic presets work with the adobe mercury engine. I can't get any performance out of their presets, but if I use adobe AVCHD presets I get 8 layers real time. I also have an i7, GTX-285, 12GB memory and raid. I searched their website but there really is no help there. I even tried using cineforms codec but no go. I think matrox is the only card (with the max option) that can edit in real time and have broadcast video output.

Return to posts index

Randy Johnson
on May 10, 2010 at 4:44:08 pm

I know I am not taking advantage of the MPE but I should still be able to get a 1 second "slide" right? Without the BM timeline I get great RT even in "full rez" I dont understand MB constantly says there cards just give a an output they dont do anything which if true then why is the computer MUCH faster without it? It definatly seems to be slowing something down.

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Robert Falkowski
on May 12, 2010 at 8:21:08 am

[Thomas Santopolo] "I don't think that using the blackmagic presets work with the adobe mercury engine"

OMG! Is this true? Reading this:
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/124/873752
I was fooled that BMD cards work with Mercury playback.

Robert Falkowski - http://www.mmstudio.com.pl
--
System: Windows7 HP(x64), Edit soft: Adobe CS3 Premium, Video: BM-D Multibridge Pro (rev1), CPU: Core i7@3,8GHz, chipset: X58, RAM: 6GB DDR3, VGA: 8800GTS, HDD: 1x500GB + 4x500GB raid0, VTR: BetacamSP: UVW1800P, Dvcam: DSR-11P.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on May 13, 2010 at 7:57:24 am

Hi Robert,

We absolutely support the Mercury Playback Engine and have been working with Adobe for some time now to incorporate this into our drivers. From the issues described here, it sounds like a bug or some setup issue which I hope I can help resolve.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Robert Falkowski
on May 14, 2010 at 2:41:16 pm

What a relief! Thank You.

Robert Falkowski - http://www.mmstudio.com.pl
--
System: Windows7 HP(x64), Edit soft: Adobe CS3 Premium, Video: BM-D Multibridge Pro (rev1), CPU: Core i7@3,8GHz, chipset: X58, RAM: 6GB DDR3, VGA: 8800GTS, HDD: 1x500GB + 4x500GB raid0, VTR: BetacamSP: UVW1800P, Dvcam: DSR-11P.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on May 10, 2010 at 3:14:47 am

Hi Randy,

What kind of graphics card do you have installed?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Randy Johnson
on May 10, 2010 at 3:51:27 am

Nvida GTS-250 and I Nvida 9800 on my other machine.

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Thomas Santopolo
on May 11, 2010 at 1:02:37 pm

Kristian,
Any way to output through the intensity card using any of Adobes presets, or adding some similar presets to yours? I have the Cineform software and First Light outputs through the intensity card which is great for color correction, but those files will not playback in real-time with your presets. It seems that it would be a big benefit for you guys, particularly sine Matrox is saying they offer real-time multilayer editing, to do something like this. I don't think you even have a tool that will convert a video file to your format.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Randy Johnson
on May 12, 2010 at 6:56:48 pm

Id there any advantages of upgrading from the Intensity pro to the Intensity shuttle?

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on May 13, 2010 at 8:01:57 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, no. The architecture of Adobe Premiere Pro is such that we have to provide the presets. You can't just use an Adobe preset and opt to output via our cards.

I hope to be able to add some Blackmagic AVCHD presets that will output via our cards, which will in turn also support the Mercury Playback Engine if you have a compatible graphics card.

Randy, since you have your email listed in your signature, I hope you don't mind someone from Blackmagic send you a patch build sometime to see if performance improves.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Thomas Santopolo
on May 13, 2010 at 12:24:29 pm

I would also be happy to test any patches/updates. My email is tom@vtcomputech.com. Would really be great if you could support the cineform codecs.
Thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on May 18, 2010 at 11:40:48 am

Hi,

I've sent a link via your email addresses.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Richard Perry
on Nov 28, 2010 at 3:04:26 am

I was wondering if there have been or will be any developements regarding playback of cineform files? I recently purchased an intensity Shuttle and most files play back fine including high bite rate and uncompressed, however cineform AVI's cause lots of dropped frames, this occurs with cineform low to filmscan encoded 720P at 60fps files. My RAID 0 disk array is more than fast enough to handle this, however it seems that the decoding on the cineform avi and pumping through the USB3 port at full res causes the frames to drop and playback becomes unusable without creating proxies.

Any word on this, I see many posts about BM not jiving well with cineform?

Return to posts index

Elton Rossi
Re: CS5 Perfromance & intensity
on Dec 2, 2010 at 5:21:49 pm

Tou also having the same problem this board're catching my CS5
I could send these upgrade path

Return to posts index

Richard Perry
Re: CS5 Perfromance & intensity
on Dec 3, 2010 at 6:56:04 am

I ended up returning my intensity Shuttle Pro to BH Photo. Unable to get any satisfactory answers from BM. both BM and cineform say the other is at fault for the poor performance during playback of cineform AVI's.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]