FORUMS: list search recent posts

Windows 7 64 bit + 7.6 Decklink drivers = not working

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Kelly
Windows 7 64 bit + 7.6 Decklink drivers = not working
on May 3, 2010 at 6:29:26 am

Just a heads up for anyone. Just moved from windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. Installed latest Decklink 7.6 drivers and my Decklink SDI will not work. Hopefully this is fixed asap. But in the meantime if you have a Decklink SDI that's working on 32 bit then don't move just yet.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Windows 7 64 bit + 7.6 Decklink drivers = not working
on May 3, 2010 at 8:19:55 am

Hi Brett,

Can you elaborate on what exactly is now working?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Brett Kelly
on May 3, 2010 at 8:36:35 am

It works fine on 32 bit which is what I've been using and does not work under 64 bit. Only moved to 64 bit in preparation for CS5. So at the moment this is a big problem as Premiere Pro and After effects are native 64 bit.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on May 3, 2010 at 10:42:19 pm

Hi Brett,

Firstly, does the card show up when you go into the Blackmagic control panel in Windows 7 64-bit?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Brett Kelly
on May 4, 2010 at 1:11:11 am

After doing some playing I found it will work as long as you don't use above 3.5GB ram. This is on a 4GB ram setup. Under 3.5GB it will work okay above and it will not respond. This is on PCI Decklink SDI.

Return to posts index

Yasser Amin
on May 7, 2010 at 8:47:49 pm

Hello Brett

I have the same situation with my Decklink Extreme PCI-X card, can you explain in more details your computer configuration because I installed 4G ram and the card not working with Vista 64, did Windows 7 64 working ?
and how you reduce the memory from 4G to 3.5G ram in windows 7 ?

regards

Return to posts index

Dominic Osborne
on May 12, 2010 at 12:38:20 pm

Ah, we had this problem with Decklink cards back in 2007, when we built machines running XP64 with 8GB RAM.

The problem, according to Blackmagic, was that the PCI cards were unable to work in machines with larger amounts of RAM, as you have described.

We had to remove and sell our PCI cards and replace with PCIe which have been fixed from a hardware point-of-view to be compatible.

So, if your cards are PCI, there is your problem and it will never be fixable as it is a hardware issue. Replace with PCIe units and you should be fine.

Dominic Osborne

---------------

Director & Head of Visuals

Eight Eyed Sea Bass Ltd

http://www.eesb.tv

Return to posts index

Yasser Amin
on May 12, 2010 at 1:55:15 pm

Hello Dominic

when we talk about 3 Boxx workstation do not contain PCI-E slot then it's a big problem and I think that it's not my problem but decklink support problem

any way I solved the problem and all Boxx's now working great with windows 64 bit with 4G ram

Return to posts index

Andrew Crawford
on May 20, 2010 at 1:25:13 pm

Hi Brett

it seems we may be experiencing the same problem with the PCI card. Can you tell me how you limited memory to 3.5Gb? I also have some driver/profile installation issues:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/124/873865

Is that something you have any experience with?

thanks for any help you can give!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]