FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio SDI out garbled/flashing

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Stark
Decklink Studio SDI out garbled/flashing
on Apr 30, 2010 at 8:30:58 am

Hi

We have a new 8 core pac pro, Snow leopard 10.6.3, 6 GB RAM, with a new Decklink Studio card. Decklink 7.6 drivers. We are driving analogue Yamaha audio monitors, and a TVLogic HDSDI screen through a proper HDSDI cable.

We have an intermittent problem on this system: Occasionally the SDI signal breaks up. Playback stutters and simultaneously there is a loud hiss as full-range noise gets sent to the analogue monitors too. A flash of white noise is seen on the CANVAS and on the HDSDI monitor. This repeats at about five times per second while playing the timeline. Apple-F12 to switch off external video, and the problem stops immediately. The Canvas plays perfectly while the external monitor is off.
When we switch the external monitor on again (apple-F12) sometimes the problem goes away, and sometimes it re-occurs.

The first thing I suspected was the Decklink card, since I have many other decklink cards running on FCP. We replaced the card with a brand new card and the problem persists.

Two major differences between this system and out other, reliable decklink systems:
1. All our other decklink systems are on 10.5.8. New one is on 10.6.3.
2. Media - we are playing Sony XDCAM 1080i25 50mb/s media on a timeline with the same setting. Our other systems work with DV PAL and Prores HD codecs without issues.

Any ideas? Driver bug?
Francois

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Decklink Studio SDI out garbled/flashing
on May 2, 2010 at 7:24:37 am

What about hardware configuration differences in your machine? What other PCIe cards do you have?
Which slot is the DeckLink card installed in? Does changing slots make a difference?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]