FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Express Won't Open

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mauro Reyes
Media Express Won't Open
on Apr 27, 2010 at 6:53:18 pm

I can't get my newly bought Intensity Pro to work.

I think it's because I goofed up with the initial install, you see I went ahead and installed the old software that came with the card and let windows search and install for drivers on it's own. It does that automatically after detecting the new card.

So then, I uninstalled the old software since it did not work and visited the Blackmagic website to get the new software and drivers. Once that was all said and done I try and open up Media Express to get started, but it wont open. Instead I get this message:

'The Blackmagic driver or the Blackmagic hardware can not be found in your system

Please check the installation.'

I tried a number of things to fix this, like restore my computer before I ever installed any Blackmagic software, and install the latest software from the start, but that didn't work. I can't get this message to go away. Please help!

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
Re: Media Express Won't Open
on Apr 27, 2010 at 8:14:51 pm

Quick fix if it works:
Unhook your internet cable or aluminum foil your wireless antenna until there`s no talking there.
Remove the Intensity Pro then uninstall any of it`s programs in the programs bar as regularly as possible.
Reboot the box once or twice.
Borrow another type of PCI-e card to stick in the same slot and it`s software if it`s around.
Then install the software if you have it,-
then remove the disk and put the card in the slot and finish it`s installation.
Then remove the card and uninstall that software, original or Windows type.
Reboot the computer, you might be clear now to do a good installation of the Intensity Pro.
One also checks the setup bios settings to see if the Intensity Pro`s software was installed and the card detected in the first place, then the computer disabled them in the first reboot because the PCI-e slot was set to be turned off in the first place.
Otherwise it sounds to me like prepare for the usual data surgery.
-Just a quick and dirty guess and try that might work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]