FORUMS: list search recent posts

DeckLink HD Extreme 3D

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Pulicano
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D
on Apr 18, 2010 at 7:32:22 pm

Hello,

I have some questions about the DeckLink HD Extreme 3D that I hope someone can answer come Monday.

First off my sources are mainly HDMI RGB24 (8-Bit) 4:4:4 and in some cases consumer component. Based on a lot of internet searching I have come to the conclusion that there is no HDMI to SDI converter that supports RGB/4:4:4 with 8-Channels embedded audio. All the ones I have found convert RGB to YUV and 4:4:4 to 4:2:2, which I do not want. So for now, I have to use native HDMI input on the card, so questions are:

1). What is the supported Video Sampling and Color Space ability of the card when capturing from HDMI? Is it possible to capture pure 4:4:4/RGB24 (8-Bit) without conversion to YUV?

2). Does the card support proper HDMI handling of limited (TV) 16-235 range and full (PC) 0-255 range without white/black crushing? Are such settings configurable or auto detected from source?

3). Could you confirm that HDMI capture supports up to eight (8) channels of 48Khz LPCM at 24bps? Are the audio input/capture channel able to be configured to say 6-channels or is it locked to always capture 8-channels? Also, is 88.2Khz or 96Khz audio capture possible in the future v.i driver/firmware update?

4. Could you confirm that HDMI and Component both have the ability to capture both 720p and 1080p at 59.94fps/60fps?

5. Could you confirm that HDMI and Component both have the ability to capture 480p (16:9 and 4:3) at 59.94fps/60fps?

6. Are the 3D capture features supported over HDMI on this card? I think I recall seeing that this new card still uses 1.3 HDMI spec, so does that mean 3D features that come with 1.4 HDMI spec are not supported here and only work with SDI on the card?

7. Are you able to capture 8-Channels and for example enable two of those channels for actual playback from PC speakers during capture?

Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

Return to posts index

Aaron Pulicano
Re: DeckLink HD Extreme 3D
on Apr 25, 2010 at 9:10:48 pm

Not sure what is up with BlackMagic support lately, but I was jerked around for the latter end of this past week trying to get a response to my questions v.i e-mail (then after calling, them telling me they would respond but never do). If I don't hear something come Monday or Tuesday I'll just pass on the card altogether and take my business elsewhere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]