FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Pro Crashes to Blue Screen of Death

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Logan Brown
Blackmagic Intensity Pro Crashes to Blue Screen of Death
on Apr 17, 2010 at 6:00:37 am

I am having major problems with my black magic intensity pro crashing my entire computer.

When I install the card everything seems to work correctly. The card works with the software that comes with it and I can capture the video from my Xbox 360 without any kind of problems.

Once I install ANYTHING, and I mean anything (new programs, drivers and even windows updates?) it causes the capture card to stop working.

I open up the program that comes with the capture card, nothing happens. When I press the "preferences" tab, nothing happens. When I exit the program, the program does not exit and I have to end it in the task manager. Once the program is ended, the preferences menu pops up, and once I close it my computer crashes to the blue screen of death.

This happens over and over, it even happens when I open the card in Adobe Premiere and in Sony Vegas. I have reformatted my computer several different times and nothing seems to help. I even added a third HDD and dedicated a separate copy of windows with nothing installed on it besides the Video Card drivers and the Blackmagic Drivers.

When I had the dedicated HDD, the card worked fine for a while. Then I accidentally left my iPhone plugged in while I was on one of my HDD's and when I restarted to boot to the other, my computer automatically installed the iPhone drivers and caused the computer to blue screen.. and I couldn't uninstall the drivers. I went ahead and reformatted the HDD again and now the card will not work at all on that HDD or my main HDD.

Is it a hardware issue? why would it work sometimes and not all the time? I've asked these questions to the blackmagic help desk but they have never replied in over a month!

My computer specs are as followed:

Motherboard: Asus M3N78-VM
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.6 GHz Quad Core 6MB Cache
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT

Please help me!

thanks in advanced :)

Return to posts index

Logan Brown
Re: Blackmagic Intensity Pro Crashes to Blue Screen of Death
on Apr 17, 2010 at 7:16:43 pm

I posted a video deminstrating what I just explained. Please look at it if you think it'll help!

Return to posts index

Aaron Pulicano
on Apr 18, 2010 at 11:50:59 am

I used to own a Intensity a long time ago and never had such a problem. First I would suggest moving the Intensity to a different PCIe slot (if possible), then backup all your files and do a full format of your hard-drive and a clean install of your OS. Once back into windows, perform Windows updates. After, only install your video card/sound card drivers and then download the newest Intensity drivers (3.6 I think) and install. Be sure to restart if a driver asks you to. Finally repeat the process from your video and see if it happens again at this point.

Also check out this page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256010

Return to posts index

Logan Brown
on Apr 18, 2010 at 4:57:40 pm

Thank you for all of your help :) however I have tried everything that has been suggested :(.. even the microsoft page.. and my motherboard only has 1 pcie slot.. but im considering buying a new one. I also read somewhere that my power supply could be causing this entire problem? is that plausable?..

Return to posts index

Aaron Pulicano
on Apr 18, 2010 at 7:13:01 pm

I have never had such a problem so don't think I can be much help here. How many PCI/PCIe cards are installed in your computer and do you experience blue screens from anything else? If it still happens after a clean OS install, could be bad card or something else. Try calling BlackMagic tech support Monday.

Return to posts index

Logan Brown
on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:12:14 am

I submitted a ticket at the help desk and i'm planning on calling them tomorrow! hopefully they'll help a little :/

Return to posts index

Jason Finnigan
on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:29:33 am

It could be cause by the powersupply if you don't have enough power. also it could be a mobo conflict or a bios config problem. the fact that it does it when install stuff sounds like it's a driver issues or a chipset issues not a bad card.

Return to posts index

Logan Brown
on Apr 19, 2010 at 5:03:20 am

I updated my bios yesterday and clean installed it again (new os and everything) and that failed to work. I even tried to run it on a 32 bit system and take out some of my ram (recommended as a fix from blackmagic support) and no luck :/ What I don't understand is why would it work at first.. and at other seemingly random times, but most of the time not work at all?

Thanks for the help

Return to posts index

Harold Williams
on Apr 24, 2010 at 3:43:54 am

I bought an Intensity Pro card after I built a similar computer. The card worked for a while and then I got the blue screen. I called Blackmagic support and they gave me the instructions to return the card to be repaired. I returned the card and they shipped me another card. I have been very happy with the new card for a couple of years now. It has done all that I expected it to do. I am presently looking to upgrade to the Extreme HD model. My advice would be to get another card. When it works, it works well.

Return to posts index

Logan Brown
on Apr 26, 2010 at 12:59:30 am

I sent the card in yesterday.. I hope it works! :D

Return to posts index

Jason Finnigan
on Apr 26, 2010 at 1:02:38 am

hopefully it works!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>